Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm aiding the environmentalists

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 12, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The old dam on Cedar Creek, just over the hill from our place, has been targetted as one of the "Salmon and Trout Recovery Projects" in Washington State. After years of debate and planning, this year the dam finally had to come down. It's remembered by many of us as a picturesque pond and man-made waterfall area.

My brother and I volunteered our property as the place in which the over 30,000 cubic yards of sediment would be disposed at, since we are right across the road. His field got most of the dirt and gravel.
    [​IMG]
    Looks like it may be a fun area to try and drive across in the spring. :wink1:
    [​IMG]

I got both my mud pits filled in for free with some of the dirt upon my request.
    [​IMG]
    I also volunteered the back corner of my place for them to dig and bury the concrete sections of the dam. In exchange, I'm getting my road repaired and my stumpy area levelled (the new spot for where all my parts rigs are going, therefore clearing out the junky look of my main field).

Here's my new spot for my parts rigs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They can't say I didn't do my part for the environment. :D Now, I wonder if those Bull Trout that never existed in the creek will "return" now that the dam is gone.

2. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

That is awsome!

Its cool to see a nice guy like yourself get some freebies.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like a pretty sweet deal. What did the enviromentalists think of your fleet?

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

They will be sueing him next.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well he did let them bury concrete on his properties which will impede the subterrainian root development of the very rare ..... :D

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

We didn't exactly go out of the way to show any of the cars around, and I moved all my junk that was overflowing onto my brothers field back onto mine. The workers moving dirt saw everything, but I doubt they care.

The one fish and wildlife lady did take one look at the back of my brothers field that gets marshy in the spring of some years for a few months (not even year round) and said that it would be declared a "wetland" and the dirt couldn't be dumped over that.