Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im almost at the crossroads

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by berg76, Aug 17, 2004.

1. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Ive been debating over the past few weeks on what to do with my K5. Im almost at the point where rust is going to start segregating the body from the frame. The whole rear floor would have to be replaced. Tailgate is shot, holes in the walls by the seat belt lower bolts, driver door major rust wholes, passanger rocker completly shot, driver rocker getting there, rusted lower radiator support (body mount) makes the truck lean to driverside. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

If i repair everything it will take me months and a couple grand $$$. Problem is its my daily driver. I would like to get a tow rig/daily driver. That would allow me to /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif on the blazer.

What should i do!!???!?! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I wish the K5 Fairy would come by and fix my baby!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Weld in tube rockers and diamond tread floors

OR

Bash the crap out of it and get a another daily

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Buy a DD and bring the trail rig to the Fall Crawl and bash the crap outta it....that's what I've done to mine for the past 2 years.

4. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I think you should get a DD and then just use your rustbucket as a trailrig bashing and upgrading when neccesary. Or just bash it to pieces and upgrade your DD.
    Whichever way you go, just have some fun with it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Remington

5. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Looks like that might just happen! It will have to last me a few more months... Some bills need to be paid in full first. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Im looking forward to the FAll Crawl. Its been to long since ive wheeled...

~jason