Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm also about to kill someone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Mar 7, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

I\'m also about to kill someone

[rant mode on] ok lets start at the beginning last saturday my home stereo went out and thats what i used to provide sound for the tv /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ok so i step up and buy a pioneer 5 dvd disk 500w 6 speaker surround sound receiver. sounds awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but it was a demo normally sold for $489 i got it for $330 but it had no remote /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but they said they would order a replacement for free /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and said it would take about 5-10 days to receive it. so i take it home get it all setup again sounds awesome but i cant access most of the functions without the remote /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i can only play a dvd or cd but cant chose any of the extra functions of a dvd like the behind the scenes or dvd extras without the remote /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so i call up monday and tell them ill pay the shipping if they would ship it overnight so they charge me $18 to ship it overnight. so tuesday comes and no remote i call them up and they say it shipped out tuesday and ill have it wednesday /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so wednesday comes around and still no remote /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so i call them again and they say it shipped out wednesday morning and they messed up and it was shipped second day air and i would get it friday but refunded my money so they say /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ok friday comes and yup you guessed it no fawking remote /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so i call them again and they still say it was shipped out wednesday so i ask for the tracking number and while I'm on the phone with them i type it into ups website and it says the order was canceled WTF!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so now I'm getting extremely pissed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and i ask about why it was canceled so she put's me on hold and calls the shipping department and they say that it says that because they refunded my money but ill still get the remote /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ok so i get off the phone with them and call ups and talk to them and they say they never took possession of the shipped item /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so i call them up again and tell them what i found out and they confirm it with the shipping department and keep apologizing to me while I'm chewing them out. so they say they are going to special ship it overnight and special delivery and i will have it guaranteed on saturday /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i say ok but if i don't have it by saturday night i will return it and go to best buy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but i don't want to take it back it sounds the best out of all the ones under $500 that i went and looked at. i just want my fawking remote /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif is that to much to ask?????????????????
    sorry for the rant i just needed to vent oh and i now hate circuit city /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m also about to kill someone

i don't know if it's my computer or what, but i am now blind from all the flashing from the flaming.
    sorry for you're luck.
    i also had a go around with 4whp today..i hate them....

dave

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I refer to them as "JERKIT SH!TTY" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. mudhog

well ill tell you what im definatly NOT /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

What happened to the good ol days when you just got up and turned the knob? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

just kidding, i'd be torked too. do like that old tire comercial and take it back and throw it through the front window /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

if they would put more damn buttons on the actually player so you don't HAVE to have the remote then i wouldn't be AS pissed hell i have kids to get up and push the buttons lol but you have to have the remote to do anything besides just play a movie and adjust the volume oh and i can change the radio stations with out it but i want to use all the functions damn it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    if they would put more damn buttons on the actually player so you don't HAVE to have the remote then i wouldn't be AS pissed hell i have kids to get up and push the buttons lol but you have to have the remote to do anything besides just play a movie and adjust the volume oh and i can change the radio stations with out it but i want to use all the functions damn it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ] When I was a kid, both my sister and I was my father's remote controle for the TV.

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Pioneer unit? you might be able to find a compatible remote in eBay.... I know a rather craptacular answer to a broken problem, but one that might fill in the blanks for now. besides, who couldn't use 2 remotes? afterall, remotes are almost always missing... this way, it'll take twice as much to lose both of them.

-Rich

9. mudhog

well i chewed them out enough yesterday that they paid an extra $10 for saturday delivery just so it would arrive today and i did get it today so they paid $28 for me to get it today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Glad you got it. I still need to get a remote for my Denon AVR-681. Local stereo store wants $80.00 for one, so I haven't been in a big hurry to order it.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    well i chewed them out enough yesterday that they paid an extra $10 for saturday delivery just so it would arrive today and i did get it today so they paid $28 for me to get it today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think your BS was bad, you should have ordered a set of 15x10 US Wheels in 8 lug pattern. They said I'd have them in 4 days and it took over a month for me to get them. I was pissed...I had to drive my truck on some crappy ghetto tires for a month with a 4" lift.

Grrrrrrr...

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well, i hope when you got home with it you remembered batteries for the damn thing! LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. mudhog

yes i have batteries for it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

why dont you cry about it man....
    im just kidding.
    i bout a 46 inch wide screen TV at x-mas. supposed to get a free surround sound and DVD player with it by rebait. its not here yet. but i also got free rentals. and they are taking thier time with those. so they sent me a smaller 6 rental cars vice a 36 rental card. once they get the other 36 rental cards in i get one of those as well.

what i am saying is you will get a good deal in the end.
    grant