Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im at work....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

its 2000 (8:00 pm) here in cali and im now working nights. less BS and stress/people to deal with. im in charge of ~100 people and im bored. problem is of those 100 people only one works in my office, the rest come to me as they need me.

i work from 3:30pm to ~4 or 5 am sunday through thursday. had sunday off this week... but still i am bored. myspace is a fun thing to do, but everyone is asleep that i was chatting with.....

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

What's your job?

3. Seventy4Blazer

USMC, im a maintenance controller for a Huey Cobra squadron. e-5 pay grade, doing an e-7's job. i am an airframes and hydraulics technition by trade, but have slid over to do thsi job. i hate it with a passion, but only have 232 more days of it.
    G

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So what would have to happen for you to actually have to do something right now? :thinking:

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

ive been working nights since the begining of this year. 330-12am. its great when i have something to do, but flat out stinks when there isnt. i really do like not having to take orders all night. no smartass know it all engineers breathing down my neck.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Start sending me your truck one piece at a time Grant. That'd give ya somethin to do.

You can start with the wheels and tires.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Allan... the truck is in AZ right now... and yer not getting my dodge....:haha:
    Grant

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Although that would be nice, I don't think we could afford the insurance on the damn thing!

Now then, where in Az?:ears: :deal: :haha: :haha:

9. Seventy4Blazer

ehh... i am doing paperwork right now... most of what my job is. making sure the aircraft books are in order and gripes are in proper places, and i tell people what i need done to make the flight schedule. for example, a guy just cam in from doing an inspection letting me know the rotor brake pucks are floating. this is bad as if they stay in contact while the bird is spinning then they will start a magnesium fire. that is REAL bad. so i told the other shop to see if they can seat the pucks, they cant, so they have to pull the callipers off and see if they are messed up or the pucks. if its just the pucks i will have them put it back together, if its the calipers i will have them order new and if they come in in time i will have them put it back together. no parts means it can still fly, just not to a boat. our ops have nothing to do with a boat right now so no worries. bird is still good to fly tomorrow....

my job is boring to me though.
    Grant

10. Seventy4Blazer

umm... in ... your garage... keep looking its there.... i promies... drink till ya find it....:haha: :haha:

11. Seventy4Blazer

and im on my second ream of paper..... i hate paperwork.....

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i am working mids, sucks nothing to do, we have no workable gripes, so there is 8 people sitting around the shop cause the sup. is a pussy and wont send anyone home

13. Seventy4Blazer

ehh, go to sleep.... i wish i could, but since i am "running the show" i am the one sending people home.
    got to find out where everybody is right now as well.
    Grant

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

cant sleep get in trouble
    would if i could belive me

15. Seventy4Blazer

well, im back in my room by 430, not to bad for a days worth work. lets see how much butt i have left tomorrow....

16. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Hell, just red flag em all, and take a vacation. I started as a refueler in 22 Area (Chappo), back in 75. Our whole unit got to move to 14 area when we changed from 1st FSR to 1st FSSG. 7th Engineers all the way!!! My best friend was a crew chief for F4 Phantom. Amazing how nice officers can be when you decide whether they can fly their bird or not!!!

17. Seventy4Blazer

hehe, yeah, i wish i could do that, but when you have 9 UH and 13 AH to pick from its hard to say they are all down. if that were the case i wold have had to see day crew. considdering i left 30 min before they showed up anyway, i didnt want to deal with them. i got the "workers" out by 330
    they were not too mad. most of them got out earlier than that anyway. we are way short handed due to pre deployment leave. so its hard to send guys home.
    Grant

18. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I used to work 6pm-3:00am for a marketing co doing tech support. There was maybe 4 of us in a conference room type of setup. We quickly figured out to hook up the projector to one of the unused computers and just spent the night watching DVDs. :D I should of stayed at that job even tho it was a temp gig.

19. Seventy4Blazer

i couldnt do that every night... id shoot myself. i cant stand this job, but i dont have a choice really. its BORING.