Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm Baaaack!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Oct 2, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I\'m Baaaack!

All rested up and feeling good. 10 days in the mountains can do that to ya. Couple of pics.

Janie's Ranch Property (arial view from a hill) that we are thinking of buying. Used to be a bordello. Just on the other side of the Nevada border on hwy 6. This is what Bubba was talking about when he said there were some good mountains and wheeling in the area. How about right across the street? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[​IMG]

My Camp...

[​IMG]

Fishing...

[​IMG]

Keough Hot Springs was my daily bathing spot.

[​IMG]

OOOPS!

[​IMG]

After getting up there and shaking and ratteling all the way I checked the tires. One was so badly out of balance it couldn't be fixed and another had a huge nail in the side. So I got new shoes....

[​IMG]

Sunset at the camp...

[​IMG]

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m Baaaack!

Welcome Back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Dont look like anyone will be messin with you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

LLLLLLLAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDSMMMMMMMMAAAAAASHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an awesome pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was the temps up there?

And was that brown K5 down in Olancha with the half doors still sitting on the side of the road with for sale signs?

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif welcome back bro. nice pics. looks awesome out there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Welcome back!

Looks like you had a fine time running around in the hills /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

cool beans bud whens the party....? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. landsmasher

The temps were absolutely great! Upper 80s during the day and about 60 at night. Just perfect!

Bubba the Blazer with the half doors was still there when I went up there, but it was gone on my way back. I was going to stop if it was still there on the way back. Thought I'd take a picture but it wasn't there.

That top pic was taken from the hills behind Janie's and where I'm standing is about where the water comes from out of some springs. I needed to get a pic of the runway.

Ten days of bliss....

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

looks like fun when i go the BB4 i would like to do some thing like your trip allso

9. landsmasher

Fumes, The party here or the party at Janie's? I need to make one more trip up there to meet with my partners in crime. They are all going to fly up in thier own planes and will meet me at Bishop airport. Then we all drive out to the property. If they want I can take them on a little wheeling trip around the area. My truck belts in five. Then if they all like it, we will have one hell of a party once I get the power turned on and the water running again. First thing they will want me to do is get the runway paved... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. landsmasher

Ramjet, if you look at the first picture, the dirt road that says Buena Vista Mining Entrance leads to the Boundary Peak Wilderness. It's about an 8 hour ride over the top to Fishlake Nevada. Mild 4wd but very interesting. Lots of old mines and an old mining camp. Pics of the trail and mines.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    The temps were absolutely great! Upper 80s during the day and about 60 at night. Just perfect!

Bubba the Blazer with the half doors was still there when I went up there, but it was gone on my way back. I was going to stop if it was still there on the way back. Thought I'd take a picture but it wasn't there.

That top pic was taken from the hills behind Janie's and where I'm standing is about where the water comes from out of some springs. I needed to get a pic of the runway.

Ten days of bliss....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I still have pics of that K5 and I probably lost the info, it was pretty cheap considering it was built.

Party/Slash wheeling and with the airstrip, Da 'Fumes can fly in with his 747 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. landsmasher

I don't know about the 747 because it's only a 3000 foot runway. We will hope to expand it by another 1000 feet. A DC3 would do nicely though. And one of the partners has 3 of them. We have been tossing around the idea of having a "Mile High Charter". A plane with a bed that people could rent for an hour. Do it in the air.... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Don't worry, Fumes was able to land it at Hollister, heck he was even seen wheeling it through the hills so I think he could probably just put that puppy down on the highway with no problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. landsmasher

So what happened to the Main Index? Problems with the website?

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Very nice. The old mines fascinate me. I love exploring abandoned stuff (railroads, buildings, mines).

If you get the stuff you want going there, that is gonna one sweet resort.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Don't know what happened. I got on yesterday morning without any problems, then it started goofing up around noon and then when I called it a day at about 3, it wouldn't come up period for the rest of the day.

17. landsmasher

Yep all fixed now I guess...

Newyorkin,
    Ya, if I get it all set up the way I want it will be sweet! There is a heck of a lot of wheeling to do out there and all withing 50 miles of radius. Lots of other stuff to do too. Don't know why I left... LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know about the 747 because it's only a 3000 foot runway. We will hope to expand it by another 1000 feet. A DC3 would do nicely though. And one of the partners has 3 of them. We have been tossing around the idea of having a "Mile High Charter". A plane with a bed that people could rent for an hour. Do it in the air.... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

just need a few reverse thrusting engines... maybe attach 8 or 10... that mofo'll stop on a dime pppiiiiimmmmmmpppppp

19. landsmasher

But what about take off?

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    But what about take off?

[/ QUOTE ]

'Fumes has a special fuel mix from his liquor cabinet for those short take offs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif