Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm Back and I Met Wes On Saturday!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Aug 5, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I\'m Back and I Met Wes On Saturday!!

Hey all!! I'm back! I had a pretty safe trip free of problems to Iowa except for a tire blew out on the trailer in Nebraska on the way to Iowa, but we got a new tire and were off to Iowa about an hour and a half later. Left home around 8pm Wed. night, got to Iowa Friday morning, took dropped the burb off after removing the axles, drove to Salina, KS, slept for the night, got up Sat. morning and went to meet Wes[​IMG]!! It was worth the trip just to finally meet him!! He is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. I wish we would have had more time to kick back at his house, but we had to get back to Cali. Thanks for taking the time out to meet up Wes!! And his dogs are friendly as hell too! His K30's are bad ass! After talking with him for a while, we had to leave[​IMG]. We left his house around 2pm (KS time) and got back home in Cali about 4000 miles later, not bad for 3 1/2days, at about 11:30 this morning after stopping at blazen91's for a few minutes. Didnt get a chance to talk much with him as we were anxious to get home and VERY exhausted! Now I've got 1700+ posts to catch up on[​IMG]...after some sleep

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'m Back and I Met Wes On Saturday!!

Did ya give him a swift kick in the butt for me? [​IMG]

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear the trip was smooth... too bad you didn't go a little farther then Iowa and hit Minneapolis. Did you get the info i sent ya?

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey who needs sleep??? LOL

so how many miles a day did you average???

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, it was good to meet another member from this site!!

Mike, his cousin, and I had fun comparing the 'costs of living' from CA and KS. It seems CA has cheaper utility rates than KS does, while KS has cheaper houses!! [​IMG] We had fun just talking about that stuff!

I sure tried to get Mike to drop off the D44 and 14FF he was taking back home with him! [​IMG] Maybe should have offered my Welds in trade for them! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh yeah, both guys seemed to get a kick out of the dogs and Snoopy's ball chasing abilities! That dog never gives up! Daisy just stands around loungind like an old couch potato! [​IMG]

I PM'd Mike and told him that I can't wait to make my trip to CA someday! I have a few places around his area that I want to venture out to see. Hopefully if the plans can come true, we can do it! [​IMG] Sure would like to meet everyone along the way to CA!!!

BTW, I still can't believe that Furd Expedition pulled a Sub all the way to IA, especially over the mountains!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Sorry Mikey, yeah I got the info!! Thanks ALOT!!
    And yep I hate to say it, but that Expedition kicked ass!! It pulled like nothing! averaged about 75mph, hills about 55-60 except for one in Colorado, took it about in 1st gear. The weight distribution set up kicks ass as well. We have pulled with and without one. ANYONE pulling anykind of a descent size trailer should invest in one of these, you wont believe the stability difference!!

7. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

We just bought a 2001 Expedition, its great!! I was really suprised.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Well I dont really remember how many housr a day we AVERAGED cause we didnt stop until we got to Iowa. We got to Iowa which is about 2000 miles in around 32 hours, thats with MANY stops for gas and with the blow out and we had to pull off the highway for about 45 minutes cause of a rainstorm we hit in Iowa and couldnt see the road. On the way back from Wes (ks), house to my house (ca) it was about 1500 miles and with stops for gas, a stop at blazen91's house we made it in a little under 23 hours. We drove staight through both ways withour stoppin really until we got where our destination. Fun, fun!!
    Kinda funny cause my cousin just changed the oil in hus Expedition on Wed. before we left, now its already time for another one only 4 days later[​IMG]!!

9. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

hey 90blzr is wes a great big hairry dude about 6ft.6inches and weigh about 260 lbs.?? he shure sounds big and mean on this forumn

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] Man Wes is a cool ass mo' fo'!! He is a big ol' country boy, hairy dont know and dont care to know! We are both bald though! I wouldnt want to get on his bad side thought[​IMG]!! I think we should have a "CK5 Meets Wes" outting!!

11. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, and he even did a power brake (burn out) in his garage with his black K30!![​IMG]