Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im Back and looking for a new toy!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by speedyvision917, Aug 2, 2005.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

Well its been a few months since ive been on and not sure if anyone even remembers me. But anyways i stopped coming on here because i sold my blazer and ended up buying a 1995 chevy 2500 4x4 auto, now im going to sell that and either

a. Find/buy another blazer with very little to no floor rust. (one reason i sold it last time) make it into an offroad rig only and buy a small s10er for my dailey driver.

b. Find/buy another blazer with very little to no floor rust. Then set it up as my dailey driver also.

c. Save my money for the next 5 months and buy myself a newer truck.

If i sell the truck (after fixing and cleaning it up a bit) ill hopefully have around $6,000 in the bank.

The reason im debating this and asking for yall's advice is because I lost my license today (nothing to major, if you would like to no you can pm me because i dont think the hole forum needs to no) and it wouldnt make sense to keep my current truck for the 5 months i lost my license. And since im obsessed with blazers why not take the money ill get from selling my truck and build a nice one. What are all your opinions?

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

buy a rust free blazer???

You'd better hop a plane to Arizona or New Mexico or similar places if you want a rust free K5!..you wont be very likely to find one in new england,unless someone moves here from a state that has no snow and salt with one,and decides to sell it!(and it will cost BIG bucks!)..only way to get a rust free truck here is to buy a 2005 model--..then it starts to rot almost instantly!.. :doah: They are cheaper out west than here too--more of them to choose from,nearly all the older K5's here are history or in the junkyard.. :( :crazy:

3. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

Yes i know all that, but ive found them before i can find them again :waytogo:

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Not true, my '05 had surface rust on the frame and front suspension when I drove it off the lot. :doah: They said it was "normal" and not covered under warranty.