Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im confused....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Jun 2, 2005.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

After searching many posts, I believe that I can remove the a.i.r injection from my 87 tbi k5 without any negative side effects. I want to do this because I will be installing a set of headers soon. I dont have the money for the fancy smog headers that are $400+. If I remove the air injection crap, can I just use regular headers? If so, what cheap headers can I get that will fit my 87, without the air crap, and with an 02 sensor? Please direct me to some part numbers. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -Harrison

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you have smog testing in your state then you cannot remove the A.I.R. system or it will not pass a smog test.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

if you don't have smog (or 87 is too old for smog in your state), then take it off and cut/press/and weld those plugs :P... but you might have to leave the electrical connector plugged into the AIR crap to keep your computer happy

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

What exactly do you mean by cut/press/weld those plugs? I was just gonna yank it all off completley. BTW, I dont have to pass smog.
    -Harrison