Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm curious.... Take the poll

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big94gmc, Aug 12, 2005.

?

Republican, Democrat, or Other?????

1. Republican

97 vote(s)
    74.6%
  2. Democrat

10 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Other (please specify in your post)

23 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Who is the majority, and who is the minority here? If I was a betting man, I'd say from the posts and opinions I read about here, this 'board is mostly Republican. Let's see what the numbers say....

If you feel so inclined, state your reason for your position.

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I voted for Carter, Reagan, Perot and none of the above.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thank goodness this started off in a non-contraversial way. It could have gone bad from the beginning. :D

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm a disgruntled Republican.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I am actually an idependent. I have issues with both the democrats and republicans. I tend to lean more on the right side but there are some things that I just dont agree with. I do however like the way the republicans pay me in that respect GW is the man :D . I really dont agree with much anything at all with respect to the Democratic Party. Oh well thats what I is.

Ira

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I agree, independent. I'm not going to give either of these parties a blanket "OK" since they both seem to be full of nimrods. I lean Republican in most elections just because they are the lesser of two evils, and because I am a social and fiscal conservative.

My dream is that someday in my lifetime I will get to vote for a president that I would have actually picked, not just the one that sucks less.

All that being said, in my lifetime most of the Republican nominees have by far sucked much less than the Democratic ones.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

That is what I was trying to say and you did it so much more elequantly than I :haha:

Ira

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Im undecided!

I voted Republican the last election...but had someone besides John Kerry run against Bush,I might have voted differently...I agree that it would be nice to be able to vote for the right man for the job,rather than the lesser of 2 evils!..I was not exactly enthused with way G W handled some of our affairs,but no way would I have wanted Kerry in the White House..I'm living in the state he's a senator in,and have seen enough of his record to know he would have been a poor choice for president.....

That said,I guess I'm republican...until a democrat that agrees with my veiws comes along,then I might jump the fence!...Sometimes I feel it does not matter which party wins,WE lose either way most of the time!..Oh well,at least we have the right to vote.. :surepal: :crazy:

9. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

I'll vote for what I think is best regardless of party but share most beliefs with the conservitive side.

10. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I usually vote Libertarian or Republican. But Lib is my first choice.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Fixed it for ya :doah:

12. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i HATE!!!!!! politics. ALL politicians are crooked in my openion. from local small town to big government politicians. they are over paid and under worked. the people dont control government like we should be or are suposed to be based on our constitution, and our rights within the constitution. the fleecing of America happens everyday to millions of Americans. look what our own government does to our military veterans who come home injured for life. they dont get crap. the ones that were injured in iraq while on there way to see combat and that had allready see combat dont even get honored and acknoledged cause it wasnt during combat, what a joke.
    i do love this country, would not want to live anywhere else. this is the greatest country on earth. i would fight to the death if our shores were invaded or something like that, but i will NEVER send my only son to fight for a war that does nothing but kill our children. so i choose not to be involved in politics what so ever. i have only voted once in my life and in my openion it was a waste of time. choosing the lesser of two evils is not a choice i am willing to make. we the people need to take back our government, but it will never happen cause the people are too scared.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  13. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I am a proud independent conservative.
    The republicans have no balls.
    My signature sums up my opinion of the (liberal) democratic party.

:D

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Dictionary much? :haha:

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I'm a liberal conservative. There is a difference between than and a conservative liberal. As I get older, I become more conservative. I still have a liberal sense of mind in that you can do what you want as long as you don't try to force me to agree with your whiney, sniveling, bleeding heart, BS. I'm pretty middle of the road most of the time. Only a few things make me get real riled up.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm not really sure anymore... I'd say conservative, though, since for the most part that's usually where I'm aligned and how I'm registered. There are positions I disagree with and am disappointed by with the conservatives, and on the occasional blue moon I agree with a liberal perspective on an issue, but for the most part I lean heavily conservative.

I am only 1 of 9 in my district...

Politics in this country will never be wholly fulfilling to any particular individual, that's just the nature of the beast when you have millions of individuals executing an agreement to live peacefully.

I pity the individual that has their mind wrapped in their party's doctrine.

17. rdn2blazer

so i mispelled a few words, and no i did'nt proof read it, typed it and posted, so the hell what. you got my point did'nt ya.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Not really. I had to copy and paste your post into Word and run Spellcheck. Word crashed becaue of the strain............................ :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  19. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thay all suck a$$ if you ask me. thats my opinon and thats all i will say about them.:mad:

20. rdn2blazer

bubba, there i think i fixed all the misspelled words for you, are ya happy now? with all the fine posts in this thread from the other ck5ers is that the only thing worth while you can come up with is basically "errr you misspelled some words man errr". this brings to mind a quote from a great American classic movie, fast times at Ridgemont High, when Spicoli played by Sean Penn says to Mr. Hand, quote: "what a d!(k" end quote. :doah: :haha: :haha: :haha: :p: :rolleyes: