Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm depressed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clarkjw24, Jan 13, 2006.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

All is good with the wife and 2 kids, but finances suck. Got my light bill yesterday and I knew there were gonna be some increases but a $432 a month. :eek1: Got a wopping .29ct raise this month and health insurance cost increased by $80 a month for the same coverage I had last year. Gas is climbing again, I do have my rice rocket and the weathers been nice but I would like to take the K5 for a spin. I need to find some cash to buy grocerys, cabinets are getting bare. Someone tell me its gonna get better and everything will be ok. I'm trying to get back on hourly so I can bring in the OT but that won't happen until atleast next month. Then I'll get to spend all my time at work to make up for the cost of living. :doah: Which I don't mind the work but I will miss the time with the kids and my K5.

Sorry if I'm rambling, just needed to get it out there.

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

sh*t man that is a big bill, but hey at least you got a job and a good family & the K5 . everything gets better hopefully soon maybe gas will go down .sh*t our power and water got shut off last week i recken if we checked the mail it would help , GOOD LUCK! :D

3. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Damn ! thats a crazy electric bill, baseboard heating or what ? I feel your pain bro, my finances suck too. All I can say is dont forget the good stuff and count all your blessings everyday. Hang in there.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that bro, it sounds like things are gonna improve in the not-so-distant future. Keep your chin up.

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Welcome to America :D

6. clarkjw24

From what I gathered everyone's elect went upm My moms is $360 and my neighbors is $417.

I'm sure things will work out and get better, but once they do something else always happens. Its just the cost of living is crazy now and employers claim that they can't give the raises' they once did.

7. clarkjw24

I know you are being funny but I really don't think anywhere else on earth would be as good as it is here.

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Agreed. Too bad it's so damn expensive! The bad times make the good times more enjoyable. Things will get better :)

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do ya have electric heat, my friend? Wow, even my summer A/C electric bill is only half that! I've got an oil furnace and I've been using a large kerosene heater in the living room during the day to save a bit on the oil bill. Things will improve.................;)

Wish ya could make the Devils Playground tomorrow!!! :laugh:

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Our gas bill shot up 100 per month. We have the great Xcel monopoly out here. Someone we know called Xcel to ask if there was a mistake on his light bill, Xcel rep said no but they'd be happy to send him a book on energy conservation. :rolleyes:

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I'm there with you. My gas bill went through the roof in December. Being salaried sucks when you you are "asked" to put in 50+ hours a week. Gotta love corporations. It could be worse. You'll be OK man. Wish I could hook ya up.

John

12. clarkjw24

Looks like everyone's elect has went up about $100 around here.

This is just my luck. We just had some sever weather come through. Everythings find here at the house, but I'll prob have to take a trip tomorrow down to my parents lake house on Santee to check it out. Tornadoes ripped through there tonight injuring like 10 people.

Oh well, another day wasted and a tank of gas.:crazy:

13. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Good Lord! Thats three time what my highest bill has been in this cracker box I am renting. I have seen your place, and not that its not nice, but its not THAT big. Did you forget to turn off the welder or something? I feel for you, the is a silly amount for one months power.

14. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah my gas bill has gone up from $160 amonth to $240 per month, I'm using less then last year and getting charged more.

15. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Yall ain't alone. Between mortgage and child support I have 2 grand going out before anything else. Triedd selling my body to make some extra money, but all I got was IOUs.:D :D :D