Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IM DOING IT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ROCKBUGGYK5, Jan 23, 2001.

1. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

THE ROCKBUGGY K5 IS GOING IN THE XTV SHOP TO BE NARROWED 14 INCHES, AND GET THE TOP CHOOPED, ALUMINUM DASH, AND A TUBE GRILL AND FRONT AND REAR TUBE BUMPERS, AND A FULL I MEAN FULL TIED INTO FRAME CAGE STAY TUNED FOR PICS, OHH YEAH AND PLEXIGLASS WINDSHIELD

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, I have wanted to do this for a long time (narrow it), I hope you do this because I want to see how it turns out. Who is doing the work? how much? Check into a thing called speedy glass for the windshield, suposed to be strong as safty glass. AND TAKE TONS OF PICS!!!!!!

This would be the ultimate trail Blazer, as long as it is a 1-ton. [​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

For a trail rig, I can really see the benefit of narrowing the truck. (14 inches, WOW!!) But actually, I kinda like the full width of my blazer. It lowers the center of gravity, and honestly, it looks much more imposing in someones rearview[​IMG] Ill be sticking with the standard width on my truck.
    But im interested in finding out how it comes out!

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!
    Check out the Shag-site: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</A>
    nuthin like a heavy chevy!

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I don't know how to respond to this post. I guess you can do what ever you want to do, because it's your K5.

<font color=green> No machines are perfect!</font color=green>

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

SWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!! Take lots of pics. Aren't you in Wichita Falls? If so where do you wheel at? I'm in Sherman and I go thru there all the time on trips to Lubbock/Amarillo. [​IMG] Gonna have to hook up so I can look at this beast sometime. I'm in the middle of bobbing mine, jobless and moneyless[​IMG]...maybe I'll have bob job pics soon as well.

I've thought about narrowing mine as well. [​IMG] I thought I'd take it off of both sides as opposed to slicing it down the middle. Cause in the middle you'll have to deal with a tranny hump, etc. Or the sides would suck too. But the more I think about it, I think I'd just go hybrid. probably a Toyota or S10 ext cab CAB[​IMG], no fenders or hood or grill, and a custom flatbed for my fuel cell, spare tire, toolbox, and radiator.

Good luck man...sounds BADASS!

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

6. 88glassbed

88glassbed Registered Member

I can't wait to see the pics of this one. Take lots of em! We've got soap lines drawn all over this tub, figuring how to take 12" out. This will be a "no windshield rig" no problem--probably no frame either! Can't wait to see yours!

7. ROCKBUGGYK5

aight ill answr the questions yes it is 4 sure gettn done it takes 2 monthes though, i will have daily update pics posted here the whole time, and as far as whoes doing it its xtv engineering, and i cant really discuss the price kind of a sponsorship thing, it will be in the rokcrawlin champs, and it is one ton dana 60 and 14 bolt both locked up, and yes it will be in wichita falls for a short time but the work will not be done here, apprciate the comments stay tuned for daily pics ohh yeah i forgot it will also be hydrosteer

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Give me a hollar before the championships, we need to plaster it with ColoradoK5.com stickers!! [​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

9. ROCKBUGGYK5

thats 4 sure it will be inveiled right before the champs, i will gladly plaster it with coloradok5 stickers, ill let u no when its ready, hey would u be interested in a wrightup on the narrowing process.... if so email me at hunt311@aol.com.. we can work something out thanks adam