Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm done. make an offer

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Ddragggon, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I\'m done. make an offer

the side tank on my 77 C20 blew off today. stranded me about 1/4 mile from an autozone, but still a pain in the ass since no one out here carries [darn] parts for these damn things. took them 3 hours to deliver the radiator, and I'm lucky they'd even do that.

1977 C20 suburban 454/400 puts out about 380 HP, and around 500 Ft/lbs of torque. buy the truck, throw it in your blazer. has a brand [darn] new radiator in it.
    Make offer.

1973 K20 suburban 350/350/205. engine is [darn], D44 needs a new axle shaft up front, everything else is good. 1400 watts of stereo. it'll move itself around, but barely.
    Make offer.

I'll mail you the title, and you come get the [darn] piles yourself. whatever's in your pocket, as long as it's enough to jangle.

-Rich

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Re: I\'m done. make an offer

Hey Man
    Don't give up.
    I don't have any background on what has been happening with you, but don't give up.
    Now if you still insist, PM me some details and we'll talk.
    I might be interested.

IceMan

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've tabulated how much money I've dumped into my trucks over the last 3 years, and learned to my horror ( not including fuel) that the 77 C20 project has cost me a little over 7800, and the K20 project, has cost me around 5500, and it still needs an engine, and an axle to actually be able to take it off road. yesterday was a complete [darn] day, ( 15th day in a row of work ) and I'd had plans to go do stuff like Laundry, and fix up a bunch of stuff around my great aunts place... ( her silt filter on her waterline has been clogged with mud for the last 2 weeks to name one) instead, I got stuck in traffic, and watched in horror as for the first time since I bought the truck my temperature gauge began climbing. as I made for moving traffic to get it back down, I was beset by yet another stoplight, and crapload of bastards who seem to think that sunday before thanksgiving = best day in the universe to keep me from moving/doing holiday shopping.* so, I finaly make the turn into the home depot parking lot, and suddenly steam, water, etc come blasting out from every which way udner the hood, up the windshield, through a hole in my firewall to my feet, etc. teh ammount of flying water was enough to instantly suffocate/kill the engine, leaving me about 1/4 mile from an autozone, with a string of Holiday shoppers* piled up behind me trying to get into the parking lot, HONKING AS IF IT'LL SOME HOW MAKE IT BETTER.

basically, 95% of all parts on the truck have been replaced now, and if I'd just lit it on fire when I bought it, and walked for 6 months, I could have afforded a vehicle that would get me 20-30 MPG, and only require an oil change every 3000 miles to keep it happy. additionaly, I'd have millions of dollars just sitting around that I could say buy an oil field with, ( which I do every other week when I put fuel in my truck) the worst part is, I can't even get anyone to pay $1400 for it. New [darn] engine, new goddamn transmission, new everything else under the hood, ( including Radiator, and fan clutch: the culprit of my decimated radiator) decent body, and the only needs currently are for new rear leaf springs, rear brakes, and engine mounts.... something about 380+ HP/500+ Ft/lbs of torque not making happy with the mounting devices.

I don't really even want to talk about the 73 K20...

-Rich

*(all these holiday shoppers can rot in hell for all I care. `christmas spirit' is not about buying [darn] loads of stuff for everyone you know. it's about a group of religous cultists** celebrating the life and times of a man based partly on a myth stolen from the Gnostics in about 300 AD)

**(Christianity is a cult, by deffinition in the dictionary. just because it's the largest cult out there doesn't make it any less of a cult)

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Why couldn't you live next door with a solid rig like that willing to give it away???? I prey on peeps like you....

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why couldn't you live next door with a solid rig like that willing to give it away???? I prey on peeps like you....

[/ QUOTE ]today's list of atrocities started out with a blown heater hose. wonder what's going to explode next on the way to Borrego this weekend.

6. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Nice rant... I sympathize. Murphy seemed to have it nailed when he coined the phrase. It does go to show you that God (whether real or imagined) does have a hell of a sence of humor. I wish I were able to help you out, but at least we only have anoter month of this crap till we can go back to being our charming normal selves again. If I hear my wife comment on how nice the holidays are again, or how she's looking forward to seeing all the family again, I may have to strangle her. I still say that I should have married a mute! Anyways, I didn't mean to hijack your post, just offer a holiday thought: Drunkeness is the state of mind that creates all those interesting stories people love to hear. I call it performance art. Hang in there bro...\
    T-roy

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drunkeness is the state of mind that creates all those interesting stories people love to hear. I call it performance art. Hang in there bro...\
    T-roy

[/ QUOTE ]I hope to fill this performance art void this christmas for my family.

as for the commentary about god putting us through hell at times, I couldn't agree more. my friend Kyle has often times said `I'm going to write a book called `There is a god, and this god Hates my ass'' and has offered me the chance to Co-Author the book with him.

might take him up on it....

the C20 did beautifuly this weekend, and with that I think I might just close this thread. Holiday stress sucks big hairy monkey sack, and has a great way of taking what little things life throws at you, and amplify them into horrible bad nasty evil things. C20 is still for sale, but not for a piddly 1200. it's going back up to $2300 where it belongs.

-Rich