Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm e-mailing my friends and acquaintances... one last chance to use the mud pits.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 19, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Think what I'm proposing here is a good idea?

"I have made my final decision to discontinue Mud Days in the future, and have made arrangements for the mud pits to be filled in the beginning of July.

One of the several reasons I am doing this is money. This year, we collected from spectators, entry fees and sales a total of just over $900. Our costs included a total of $535 for Trophies and T-shirts, $150 for the outhouse rentals, and an expected $500-$1000 bill for the equipment rental and fees (skidder on Saturday, backhoe on Friday and water pump). The year before we incurred a total loss of over $1500.

Since the pits are still there, I am proposing one last opportunity to use the pits for a play weekend. This means, depending on how many people show interest in having open usage of the mud pits, I will dedicate another weekend to letting everyone run through and have fun. This will also be used as a fundraiser to pay for the expenses that have exceeded what we collected during Mud Days.

I would set it up as a $10 entry for the weekend per vehicle to have unlimited use of the pits. This would be on a personal invite basis only, meaning not an open to the public event. However, you are welcome to personally invite others up to enter or watch. There would be no classes, no times, just a semi-organized free-for-all. The only rules we would impose are: Only one vehicle in the mud pit at a time (unless it's for recovery) and no alcoholic beverages during daylight/driving hours. Camping would be free, and spectators instead of $5 would be $1 per person.

If enough people show interest, we can have one X-class competition... single or double elimination with 3 trophies starting on Saturday at noon-2pm. Other than that, it would be informal and without competition. This may also be a good time to test out rigs for this years mud race/bog season.

For dates, I would propose a weekend around my birthday, either the 1st or 2nd weekend of June. Of course I know that any weekend I plan something on will be the weekend in which the most weddings, graduations, injuries, deaths, funerals, parties, birthdays, breakdowns, work schedules, pet emergencies, family re-unions, friend's visits or receptions will occur or be held on. So, I am open to any input as far as dates go.

If not enough people show interest in something like this, I am more than content to spend the time working on my own projects, which is what I should be doing anyway. But I figure I'd give one last chance at everyone to use the mud pits before they are gone. If you can, let me know one way or another so I can either plan for it or not worry.

Thanks to everyone who has helped, attended, or shown support in any way towards my races in the past. It has been very appreciated by myself. "

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i wish i had the money to make it up there :blush:

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'd say that's cool, but you're going to need 100 trucks to make that $1k bill. I might bump it up to $20.

BTW, they are selling used buses around me for $1000-$2000...

4. mountainexplorer

I don't expect to make up for all the expenses, but anything helps. Plus, it would be one last show up there before the pits are gone. Unless it turns out like usual, me and two other people.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Dude, realize how jealous some people are that you have this land~!!

6. mountainexplorer

I just want to return it to how it used to look when I was a kid. Thats one of the reasons.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I am thinking of filling in my mud pits as well; my friends rarely come out to use them anymore and they just get grown up in weeds. Returning the land to how it was when you were a kid sounds like something you would enjoy, rather than trying to cater to your "friends".

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yes... Not to sound like a crazy tree hugging hippy... But fill in the pit and save the land... Aside from all the cars and such, it looks like (from pics) you have a nice chunk of land that I would give about everything to own :D

I'm sure it helps property value too when people see wild grass and flowers or whatever grows around there... Instead of you saying "there's the mud pit so all your friends can go boggin" :cool1:

Just my amateur opinion... Keep your land nice, use hopelessly ugly land for mud races :xmas: