Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im F***ing Pissed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Black89k5, Aug 28, 2000.

1. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

Ok today i was yanking the blown 350 out of my truck. Well a friend of mine took off all the bellhousing bolts and motor mounts while i disconnected other [censored]. Well i started lifting the motor and the tranny was coming with it. Well i asked my friend once again "did u get all the bellhousing bolts out?" he said "yeah". So i started lifting the motor higher with the lift. I heard a crack and asked him what it was. He goes "the motor just broke loose from the tranny." I figured alright so i started lifting it higher and higher and then all of a sudden a piece of the bellhousing falls between motor and tranny. By this time i was a little pissed off. I lifted it the rest of the way and the last bellhousing bolt on the left side was still on attached to a piece of bellhousing. So i figure thats gonna cost me about 600-700 bucks for a good tranny. Cause im tired of buying junk ones that work for like 2 weeks. SOrry just had to vent.

2. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

I dont know about an automatic, but I know a manual bell housing can be swapped. Maybe you should look into that. Just my two lincolns worth.

Later,

-Derek
    1977 3/4 Ton & Blazer Project (Body Needed)
    http://www.4chevy.com

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

here's another not quite it post but it may help. I just had a TH350 tranny rebuilt and the guys at the shop dropped it and broke my bellhousing. They just replaced the case. Not sure how much this costs since they footed the bill but make sure you get a 4x4 case, they're a LOT thicker and less prone to breakage.

HTH
    Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

4. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Make your buddy pay for it!!! Just joking, seriously good luck from here on out! When you put it back I would find somebody else to help!

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

If there was nothing wrong with it, just go on down to the wrecking yard and get a new case, all the internals can be fairly easily pulled out of the old and slid into the new, problem solved, he at least bought you a 12 pack right?

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"