Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm finally using this thing!! (pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazer79, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I\'m finally using this thing!! (pics)

Well it's been more than a year since I had actually gone off-road with my Blazer. First the 454 swap, then the eternal axle swap. I only used it for my trip to Mexico, but that was highway driving, not good off-road action. I finally replaced the blown tires (with a pair of cheap used 35x12.5x16.5 BFG AT tires) so I'm finally able to use this thing offroad. Let me tell you about my first 3 trips I've been able to do:

My first offroad adventure was to some nice hills near my new home (I just got married, in case you didn't know). <font color="blue"> This was my first offroad trip with 35" tires, shackle flip, 2" body lift and detroit locker" </font> I was so happy I almost couldn't sleep that night. I had only seen flexy Blazers in pics in this forum, never in real life, much less MY OWN BLAZER!!!! I am so happy!!!! That night (yes it was about 10:00pm) I ground the power steering tube right before it becomes a hose with the PS pulley but I didn't care. I kept wheeling with the hardest steering wheel you can imagine.

My second trip was to an abandoned mine at 11:00pm!!! with some friends. We came back home at 4:00am. That day I lost my brakes because I had a small leak at my proportioning valve and brake fluid went so low that it caught air.

Last weekend I spent about 30 hours bleeding in total. First with the broken prop. valve that I thought I could fix by tightening the nut, then with a defective master cylinder and finally with a new master cylinder. But all this effort payed off when I was able to take my Blazer to a 4x4 expo and impressed everyone with their underpowered Jeeps and high-centered 4 runners.

I also had the worst stuck in my life, but I was the only one brave enough to try this spot, twice!:
    [​IMG]
    And I got stuck both times. The second time I almost hydrolocked the engine /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It was a pain getting such a heavy beast out. They had to use a Burb and a Ford truck to pull me out. Mud was so bad that not even a Jeep with 38" tires and ARBs front and rear dared to try:
    [​IMG]
    After that I was able to show everyone how unstoppable my Blazer is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the day was over and drove back home, my Blazer started overheating (due to the incredible amount of mud or due to water in the oil) but I had the best time ever!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I want to thank all ColoradoK5 members that have helped me one way or the other to build this incredible Blazer which brings me so much hapiness!!!! You know who you are /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone have some 38"s for sale cheap for this poor soul?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'m finally using this thing!! (pics)

that truck looks like it eats NASTY with all terrains, nice truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks like you had a great time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the truck! Looks like you had a blast. I can't wait to put mine back in the dirt!

Kris

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Alright Juan!!! Excellent pics! Looks like you had a great time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That's a pretty sweet 'burb sitting in the background of the first pic. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Great pics! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Glad you're enjoying your beefed up rig! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Curious, where are those pics taken? It looks like the middle of a race track???