Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm flat stumped.. Yoke Part # ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigMac, Sep 20, 2002.

1. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I\'m flat stumped.. Yoke Part # ?

I am about to install a 14ff in my K10. Im doing everything I can to get the rest of the little stuff I needed to make it all happen, this weekend. I thought I had everything, and wouldn't ya know it, I got the wrong parts. Not big parts, expensive parts, or even shiny parts.. I bought brand new straps for my yoke cus it didn't come with them or the bolts. The straps (u-bolts)I bought were too big hole to hole to fit my yoke by about a 1/8 in. No biggy I figure I'll just go back and trade them in... but no.
    The kits Allied had covered bigger and smaller than I needed. Im asolutely certain that its not the u bolt style cus the holes are threaded.. but I have no idea what the correct part # should be. The lady said that the ones she sold me are listed for the conversion joint I bought.

Any help with figuring out the correct part numbers would be greatly apreciated.

2. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m flat stumped.. Yoke Part # ?

well the boys at allied are a patiant bunch...
    I ended up taking my entire 14 ff in the back of my truck to match up the bolts. They reapplied by handing me an entire box of straps!

If only I had purchased the right u joint this job would have come in uder budget (barely). /forums/images/icons/grin.gif