Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm getting 4 of these 15" subs !!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I\'m getting 4 of these 15\" subs !!!!

http://www.treoonline.com/ssx.html Bet these will sound good in the back of the K5 !!!!!!

2. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m getting 4 of these 15\" subs !!!!

first you wanna buy the cheapest subs out there but would rather have legacy than rockford now your looking at 4 15" treo's i think your just full of [censored] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you had read my previous posts, I said I was consittering some cheap crap, didn't say I was going to buy it. This forum is for disscussions. I don't care that YOU think I'm full of [censored], I think you're being a prick. I don't hold high the opinion of someone who puts others down. I talked about TREO's befor and you compaired them to Leagasy. Just becouse you're not familure with them, you put them down. I don't see nothing wrong with disscussing different ideas, but not you, you put everything down.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Never said I would reather have legacy than rockford , I said I don't like rockford fosegate becouse I think thier quality is not what it used to be. I personally belive with rockford fosegate you pay for the name more then anything else. Please stop twisting what people say.

5. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Well said Z3PR. Invest in a hearing aid now and not 10 years from now, with the Treo's you'll need it someday /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I finally got my CSX's to sound decent. I heard the SSX's sounded awesome, wish I could trade mine in for some. Good luck with the box and brace the heck out of it.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The box will be permently mounted, belive that. I'm going to do all the body work first, and use a spray on rubberized coating, and alot of dynomate aswell as insulation behind the side panals. It'll be atleast next summer or fall befor I start building this system. But I have decided on (4) TREO Engineering SSX subwoofers. I'm thinking MMATS amps, but I'm also consittering Crossfire amps. What are you running for amps ??? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif It's suprising that more people don't know about TREO subs. After hearing a set, I was sold !!! I /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif you about the hearing aide, the first time I heard the TREO's, Carrie was playing "My name is mud" by Primus, those TREO's hit so hard I thought my head would cave in !!!! And that was with a MMATS baby D amp. Totally fawking awsum subs is all I can say.

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Not to sound like a punk or anything, but why do you need that much bass? Im running 2 12" audiobahn SQ woofers and its MORE than enough bass. But do whatever you want, its your money, and your truck, not mine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just want (4) 15 inch TREO's. I'm not going to compete or anything like that, I just want a mega pounding system. It's just something I want. Can't really explain why I want it, I just do. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Go for it Z3 BUT my one Crossfire 15" is still louder ;-) Let me know if and when you want some of those Crossfire 2000ds

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Whats the price on it ???

11. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Shoot me an email. I can't remember of the top of my head they reatil for nearly 2,000 I think. Prob let you have them for under 1,000 maybe less depending on how many.

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what systems have you heard so far?
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've had verious friends with 15's that I liked the sound of. My friend Carrie has 2 15" TROE's powered with a MMATS baby D that sounds increadable. And that's in a 2 door furd explorer. I could just imanagin 4 of them. But for now, I think I'll just run a pair of 12" subs till I can aford the 4 15" TREO's.

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i just wanted to make sure you know what youre getting into... how much power does your friend have and how much you gonna have for them?

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Carrie is using a MMATS baby D to power both her 15" TREO's. I belive that is 1200 watts. She also has a 4 channel 400 watt Kicker amp to power her mids and tweets. I know a mega system I want is going to take some wattage.

16. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

that's gonna be crazy man.... i got a 750 rated and puts out 950 ESQ q4751 amp with 2 12 inch JL's but don't want more bass! 4 15's?!? dang /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I do like bass. I ran a pair of 12's with a 1600 watt amp in a 89 Beretta. I kept the back seat folded down becouse I wanted more and more bass !!!! That's a fairly small car, so with the room in a Blazer, (4) 15" subs should be just about enough hopefully.