Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm getting a '75 blazer for parts, questions inside..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moe., Jul 31, 2000.

1. moe.

moe. Registered Member

I\'m getting a \'75 blazer for parts, questions inside..

Ok, since my truck needs new rear springs, and I'd like to put a lift on it, I've found a good place to start.
    There is a '75 blazer I'm getting for 100$, with everything but the motor/transmission. The body is in descent shape.
    Its got a 4" rancho spring/block lift kit, with new rancho shocks all around, a nice push bar thats going to be on my truck, and something called axle trusses. Can someone tell me what they are, how they work, and how much they cost new? What sort of maintanance stuff should I do to my rig while its all apart during the suspension swap?
    BTW, I'm also getting a 3" body lift, new in the box, for free.
    What sort of mods will I have to do to my truck for the body lift? As far as drivetrain goes, and all that. Thanks alot guys, sorry if this post might be confusing.

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

2. moe.

moe. Registered Member

Re: I\'m getting a \'75 blazer for parts, questions inside..

Can anybody help me with this?
    Does it help if I say please?

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The axle trusses are best described by these cats.
    http://www.4x4review.com/products/drive_train/10-bolt-3.asp
    They go over what the scoop is on them.
    I guess basically they keep your axle from getting all smiley faced on you.

The body lift... I'd probably sell it and either buy a 1" or take the money and run. Body lifts are like most anything, they are good until done to excess. 3" is gonna put some strain on the body mounts.

Hope this stuff helps some
    Kyle
    89K5

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

You are getting a great deal on that blazer for 100 dollars. 4 new rancho shocks would cost you more then the entire blazer. I say sell the body lift and get a 2 inch one if you really want one. After you take out all the parts you need you can probably sell the blazer for a lot more then 100 dollars.
    Good luck

[​IMG]Chevy4x4[​IMG][​IMG]
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey moe, Let me/us know if your gonna sell any other parts off you '75. I would be interested in the top if you're not too far away....... [​IMG] Unless you're gonna run huge tires I wouldn't mess with the body lift either.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

6. moe.

moe. Registered Member

Cool, any idea what I can get for the body lift? I've got 33" tires on it now that I think would look great once I get the 4" on it, but I was thinkin they'd look too small for the body lift too. I'm not sure what kind of body lift it is, I dont have the box yet. Its coming some time this week, he's even delivering the truck for me! I'll be parting out axels, doors, probably alot of other stuff too, I'll definatly post it on this board in the coming weeks, if anyone is intersted in buying some parts from it.
    As for the top, its black, looked to be in good shape. I'm in Connecticut, right in the middle of it. Not sure if I want to sell it yet, I might want it.

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

7. moe.

moe. Registered Member

Kyle, thanks for that site, very edumacational!

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

8. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

3" body lift brand new (good brand like performance assecories) would run about $65 to $69 dollars. You could sell it for like $40 to $50. 33" tires with 4" lift and 3" body lift would look tiny. I had 4" lift with 3" body and my 35" didn't look that big. But, I just took out my 3" body lift and replaced it with ORD 1" Body lift this past weekend. MUCH better. I have to admit, I didn't like the 3" body at all. Now, body lifts, in my opinion, are great for Mud Boggin, (fit bigger tires, no flexin, etc.). I mud bogged my truck a lot back then, but then I decided to take it out to the trail one day and to me, its tons more fun than muddin. I didn't like the way the 3" body was swaying my body around, felt like I was going to roll every time I flexed. so that's why I got rid of it.
    Boss