Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm getting high while driving, S%@*!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lsak5, Apr 4, 2002.

1. lsak5

lsak5 Registered Member

I\'m getting high while driving, S%@*!

My Blazer puts out an awfull lot of exhaust fumes. With the rear window down and the top on, we get high on exhuast fumes. Even with the top off, it's still pretty bad. I'm not sure if the carb is that bad out of adjustment because it does it all the time and always has. I've got a new Jet Performance Q jet on the way and am hoping it well help. But I'm not real sure what the problem is.
    Luke

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m getting high while driving, S%@*!

reroute your exhaust to behind the rear wheels, not strait out the back or under the diff.

ARQ.

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

roll your window up...

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Even then (dual exhaust behind rear tires) .my exhaust comes in. The only solution has been to open atleast one of the side windows (drivers or passenger rolldown window).

I even tried a down spout, if you will. Strange how the OEM single exhaust out behind the passenger rear tire did not do this with the back window rolled down.

I think someone found the "funny wing" that blows the air from the top of the top and directs is to blow down the window solved this problem. Looks like @#it though.

TO