Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im getting new tires!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skidpan, Mar 10, 2006.

1. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

So hopefully tonight after work i am going to go pic up my new tires... I was planning on a set of the tall skinny military tires, but found another set of michelin 325/85R16 XML these tires are heave as hell and big.. I cant wait to mount these on my 16 inch rims and compare them to my 33s... just wanted to tell some one .you guys know how it is...

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

good to here :D i need tires to wanted to buy some from a guy from home thats on ck5 but have'nt gotten time to go home yet.

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Michelin says that the maximum rated speed for an XML is 65 MPH.

4. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

Ive talked to one of the design managers at Michelin.. he says that they are rated at 65 fully loaded, and at max psi... I dont think i am going to be putting 6000 lbs on a tire or running them at nearly 120psi.. I also dont think that ill be going much faster than 65.. ill do 70 max. I dont thin 5 miles an hour more should hurt them

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How much are a set of those tires going for? I could not find any prices for them on the Internet. Those XML Military tires have got to be a killer set of tires.

6. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

the guy that im getting them from owes me a favor..I was going to buy them for 400 befor he owed me, but we worked something else out..

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Here are the Michelins that I recently got... I went with the 11.00R16's in the XZL tread pattern... These things are a pain in the ass to get demounted off the military rims.

Here they are when we road tripped for 6 hours at midnight to get 12 of them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are on the Yota... on a 16x7 wheel they measure out to a true 38" tall on the rig... They are taller than my friends 39.5 TSL's, and WAY taller than my other buddies 38x11.00 Boggers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

yeah i read the entire build up I love that thing.. I was going to go with a set of the 11 r 16s and can get them like its cool, but the ones im getting seemed a good 2 inches thicker per tire.. the stack of 4 was at least 8 -9 inches taller than the 11r16s.. great job on the yota!! how do you like them in the snow? so i shouldnt attempt to get them off the rim myself? Ill take them out in town if i have to... hell i dont even have the tools to get them off...

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

They suck in the snow.
    My friend took his 4 down to be demounted. It took the tire store ALL DAY to do the 4 of them, and they charged him 200 bucks... I did mine by myself on my patio in 2 hours w/ a prybar, hammer, screwdriver, chisle. Do yours have the runflats in them? Are they on a military split rim?

10. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

my rims look exactly like the ones pictured above.. what are the steps to removing these? I know that they are damn heavy tires, but i dont know if the run flats are in there. How can i tell? I dont have a split rim, does that matter?