Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm giving up

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I\'m giving up

ON THE BODY /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I decided tonight that once the sliders and armored bumpers are on, the doors are coming off and whatever happens happens. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

No more, am I going to hit the body for this guy. Its on like Donky Kong next season. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

My decision was tough. I was prodded heavily by Matt and the crew to give up, but I resisted. I personally gave less and less of a crap, but I was going to try an save it because my Dad asked me to. Well he pissed me off tonight and is being totally retarded so I decided it doesn't matter anymore. If he doesn't like it oh well. He has no room to talk anymore after some of the crap he is pulling. Long story I won't get into.

But its ON. Time to pay the rock gods with some sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Harley

P.S. When is the next night run? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m giving up

You know I am totally in the bash it group now, but I wouldn't base that decision on an argument with my somebody. I would think a little more about it first. There are some small drawbacks (like cutting people open when they walk by). If you are for bashing than have at it, I am there. I have always respected the clean body issue (even when joking around).

As for another run I am thinking of terminator or predetor (heck raw was real fun at night) for the sat night after we get the sliders on.

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

damn guys!

ahh.. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

well anyways lets wheel!

gets light about 5 am, I need to enjoy this a few good times before I take apart the 75.. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ON THE BODY

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah baby!...

Do yourself a favor and move the rockers up about a foot. No kidding... This is Rob's secret weapon./forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Marv

5. FWP

FWP CRS

YEEEEEHAAWWWWW /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It will be good to have another fullsize around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Marv's suggestion is RIGHT ON- I've been meaning to clearance my sliders a lot better, if only I could find some 2x6 1/4 wall for a decent price /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

When do you want to run another night run? Friday nights are best for me...

6. Hossbaby50

I am not going to move my sliders up really high because I still need doors to fit. Still gotta drive this thing in the winter. I am going to take it up to the very bottom of the door sill. I am only using 1.5" square tube so I will gain a little bit of clearence over most with that.

Sliders are going in Sunday. Hopefully the rear bumper will be rewelded again within a week or two. After that I should be ready. I will be in Colorado the weekend of July 10th so that is out. After that is open, and July 4th is open but we all know going anywhere on that weekend sucks.

Harley

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I knew it, sooner or later it happens...........

Harley, don't worry too much about it, you will be suprised at how much you won't hit it, unless you are really trying to take the springer line. Just wheel like you normally do, and you won't be too bad.

Just don't follow Fred (HA!)!!!!

Amigo satus is getting closer I can feel it.

I'm not worthy!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

8. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Get the Sawzall /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif or better yet a cutting wheel /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif out and trim the sheet metal a bit and you will have less to dent.

<font color="green"> Later,
    Allan Greenblazer </font>

9. Hossbaby50

That has already happened. I cut the front fenders for approach angle and tire stuff, I cut the quarters up high to help departure and to match up with the rear bumper I built. The rockers are getting cut out this weekend and sliders are going in.

Harley