Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm glad I didn't help the Katrina victims...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Feb 14, 2006.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

...seems like they use false info to get extra debit cards too, just like they do for tax returns and voting. Where is the outrage from these folks that Bush spent $438 a day for them to sit in NYC?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11326973/

I didn't give anything to the tsunami relief either, and it was later found to be corrupt.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

no, i dont beleive it.:confused:

who would fraud the government and take advantage of a natural disaster like that? :dunno: :wink1:

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You did give to them, as did I. It's called taxes.

I appreciate those who actually gave their time to go down and physically help these folks, there were a few here I believe, but if you're going to make the US gov. rebuild, pay subsistence, etc., then why collect all this cash to be mishandled anyway, let the gov. mishandle it, they're really good at it. With the federal aid (not to mention billions in insurance money) there is plenty of cash to both rebuild, and line the pockets of whatever good old boy network is running the show down there.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

900k out of 2.5 million

disgusting.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Yep, you're right about that. I was meaning that I didn't willingly donate anything to the relief effort. I would certainly be in favor of paying the government less money (taxes) and have them provide fewer programs to the public... like welfare, food stamps, medical coverage for illegal aliens, paying crack whores to breed...

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

You caught my main point. Why should I "want" to help a$$holes like this?

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Hey, don't get me wrong. I don't even want my tax dollars going to most of them. If you didn't have a job before the hurricane, you don't deserve to live better now because of a natural disaster, you should still be living a sh*tty life. That's what people who don't work (should) get, less stuff, more unhappiness, and a generally crappy life.

The good stuff should be reserved for those of us who bust our asses to get it.

8. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

couldnt agree more.

i cant stand to see anyone on gov assistance. rubs me the wrong way. why not use this as an opportunity to move up in the world? nah dog, ill just take my $4000 in debit cards and go buy some new nike's or a dvd player. no wait, i already "got" those.

but what would happen to those people they found frauding the system? send them to jail? more gov assisted living. i say we cut them all off. be a lesson. it wont happen, but it is nice to dream.

9. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I was listening to a radio show the other day that broadcasts out of New Orleans. They had gone out and interviewed a Circuit City that had just reopened. When they asked the guys at the CC if business had suffered, they said that it was the best it had ever been. People were bringing their relief cards in and buying Plamsa TVs, Surround systems, and car audio systems. When the radio show asked where the victims were puting all this stuff if they didn't have homes, CC said they were delivering to FEMA trailers and hotels.

I work for a major retailer, and after I heard this I called my District Manager, who had been down there to help sort stuff out with our stores that had been affected. Same thing going on. 40% of our sales were with FEMA cards in November and December, and most items were delivered to FEMA trailers.

Disgusting. I'm glad I did not contribute.

Al

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Better off??...

So if a hurricane hits here,that means I'd be better off,assuming I survive??..better than I'm doing now with no steady employment or income??...or will I suffer more,because I am a poor white american born citizen..that our government seems to care the LEAST about when it comes to "assistance" and "handouts"..the blacks can whine all they want about Bush "not caring for us"..but guess what boys and girls,they care even LESS if your not from a forigen country,or have lighter skin...its not just the blacks who are singled out..

I did not send money or clothes,mostly because I HAVE nothing I can part with!..and I figured our "government" would have plenty of items at their disposal,and would end up wasting millions of dollars of the "assistance" somehow..but my heart does go out to those who lost everything,and my prayers are with them...

Everyone seems to despise those on some kind of disability or welfare..I did too for many years,-- I'd bust my butt working at auto parts stores..and had many customers that moved into the nieghborhood from Puerto Rico,and they got subsidized apartments at 1/4 the rent I had to pay,and I'd have to cash their welfare checks to pay for the parts they would buy..many of which were returned unused later in the week.

The husbands learned buying a water pump on monday was a great excuse to tell the wife where that 40 bucks went..then friday,they'ed get their money back,and head for the coke dealer or liquor store..many of them got more from welfare than I'd make all week after taxes..taxes I paid,to PAY THEM to stay home and do NOTHING,other than maybe supplement their income selling drugs..buying used cars and fixing them on our dollar,then selling them at high profit..

Now that I'm older,I am going to need some help getting by..my health is poor,and I can't work a "regular" 40-55 hour a week job like I used too..but if I even suggest social security disability,my doctors all scoff,saying my chances of getting any are slim to none,that "much worse off" patients are being denied the benifits --ones THEY paid into on their payroll taxes..I feel you should at least get back the amount you contributed..

This ,coming from doctors that migrated here from India,speak broken english,and likely went through medical school on a government assistance program,probably at OUR expense..I even had one say "your white,american,and your not "that" sick..GOOD LUCK!..but I see the local gang of ailien heroin addicts here getting SSI checks,free taxi rides to methadone clinics,and food stamps.and LAUGHING at those "suckers" who WORK for a living!!:mad:

.gee,I must be stupid..I could be getting high for free,not even have to have a car on the road,they pay for food and housing,transportation..nothing to do but get stoned,eat,and sleep.(and steal whatever they can,while YOUR working!)-.no wonder they say "WHAT A COUNTRY"when illegals come here..:mad: ..

I've said it before..I wish AMERICA would take CARE OF ITS OWN first!..stop giving everything away to forigeners who have contributed NOTHING to our country,yet EXPECT everything to be handed to them when they sneak over our borders..make other countries fight their OWN battles,and stop being the world's "police".....

I bet the amount of $$$ spent in ONE DAY in IRAQ ,on the war, far supasses the amount it cost them to house all the what,2000 families in hotels from Katrina,the past 6 months!!...yet they act like its going to cripple the entire budget of the USA!..truth be told,there is probably enough wealth in this country to pay ALL of us to stay home and do nothing!..but they never want us to know it...

At any rate,if I were to be "better off" after a hurricane,I hope one hits me soon..

:crazy:

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you poor poor man.:rolleyes:

i used to like reading your posts Bob, but lately, its been all "feel sorry for me, i have it so bad". you're starting to sound like toonboy. :screwy:

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Not whining...

I'm not whining,just telling it the way it is,and what I've seen with my own eyes ,and heard with my ears over my lifetime,concerning those on disability.

It just pisses me off to see drug addicts getting more handed to them, than honest hard working citizens who are down on their luck can get,often through no fault of their own..the druggies CHOSE to do dope,I didn't choose to have a congenital spine defect,or an ill elderly mother I have an obligation to take care of..and lately a heart attack scare!..

..I don't expect anyone here to care about MY problems--some of you have sent encouraging PM's,and I appreciate them..the others who complain,I'm sorry if my posts are not up to your expectations,and sound "whine-baggy"..

..maybe someday you'll be in a similar situation,and then you'll see how it feels first hand---but I don't wish that on anyone..

Not everyone in the world has the best of health,and some live a more sheltered life than others..you need to realize not everyone will like what you like,or do like you do..I judge no one ,regardless of what their favorite TV show is,until I look in the mirror,and ask I'f I'm really any better than they are..none of us are perfect..

It probably won't be long before I won't be posting here anymore anyway,due to finances not being available to keep luxuries like the internet and computer...I'm getting a bit sick of it anyway..it takes a lot of time away from other things I could and should be doing...and the posts and posters here are not as much fun as it used to be..I can argue with my mother for free,don't need to pay for AOL for that priveledge..

I've noticed a lot of hostility,self rightousness, and closed minds here lately on many posts,like they are just looking for an argument-not sure if its the weather or what....and a "clique" seems to be evident too..one I evidently don't belong too,or fit in with I guess,judjung by how few replies I get to my posts here,and the few I do are often critical..

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

that CNN reported put it best.... "theyre just so poor and SO BLACK..."

IMO that tsunami was gods way of thinning the heard, destroying the ones who dont positively contribute to society. natural selection at its best, eliminating the weak and dumb ones.

14. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

ive got a theory on natural selection.

a long long time ago, stupid people used to die young. they'd get trampled by a wooly mamoth, or stick a fork in an electrical socket, wreck a car, whatever.

what has happened is that we are too cautious, put too much emphasis on saftey. this allows the stupid people to live and to breed. two dumb people get together. what results? dumb offspring. these kids grow up and give birth to a new generation of asshats. the way i see it, most people are idiots to the power of at least 8 by now.

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

"What happened to evolution? The kid who eats too many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own!"
    --George Carlin

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I totally concur. I argue with my wife about this all the time, I think you ought to have to take a test and get a permit to have a child, she says that's fascism. I believe that we have done away with "natural" selection due to our overly safe, governmentally subsidized lives, we need to put a method of "societal" selction in place to make up for our negation of the natural form.

17. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its all the hippies faults !!!!! They have jobs , and kids , and homes now . But their legacy lives on . They vote for everything that ruins everything . We kill half the suburbs , and register the blue collar guys to vote . Then we can change stuff !!!

And bring back sterilization , and playing outside , and Archie Bunker , and John Wayne . I want my America back .

I wanna see little old ladies sweeping their porches , and people waving to each other again .

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

No crap, what kind of people are these that I wave at and they look at ME like I'm the crazy one. Aren't you supposed to at least say Hi or nod your head to everyone? Open doors for women? And then these ex-hippettes look at me like I am crapping on their womanhood by opening a door, (f*ckin chauvinist that I am:rolleyes: )

19. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

what really gets me is the tax breaks that immigrants get. if ya come here from lets say poland, and start your own biz, there is no tax for i believe 5 years. so if you are smart, ya just sell the biz to a family member who comes here at year 5 of your venture, then they dot have to pay taxes... my neighbor whos from poland, here for 13 yrs, started his own trucking company, now has 20 trucks, his wife came here at yr 5 and she has a cleaning service. they both have $80k cars, and so do their kids, who went to college for free.... and i bust my ass, and pay for everythgin.... its so upsetting..

20. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Waving... you're right. People look at you like you belong in a nut house. I like when my neices and nephews ask... "do you know that guy?" "No, I'm just nicer than your mom and dad." is what I tell 'em.

I went to MS a few weeks after the hurricane hit to help rebuild one of the Dupont plants. I'll be going back for two more trips one of which will be next month. I could have never imagined the devestation I saw down there. There are people that absolutely needed help. Alot of help. It burns me up to hear that the inevitable would happen and people would abuse the kindness and generosity of others. However, this is a way of life. It's just like donating to your local church, the local Salvation Army, or the next charity except at a much larger scale. There will always be somebody looking to take advantage of the situation.