Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm going back to mason jars in the back yard....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Jul 21, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I\'m going back to mason jars in the back yard....

I'v had the worst luck with banks/credit unions. The fight between gaining interest and knowing you can access your money is not worth it.
    And being from out of state just adds to it. She kept asking me what atm machine I used. (this was 5 phone calls into it) and i was done with being pawned off to another service rep. so I just said the one out front of the place i was told to use. she replied with" well which one was that"...so I told her. 10990 fairview here in boise..she just goes.."ooohhhhhh, yeah i wouldn't know where that is" SEE IT DIDN'T MATTER.

so here I am with a $300 payment that was declined and no atm card cause the credit union here is set up to keep it if it is not thiers.

And the payment was due yesterday and no one could help me so my credit takes another hit. the final call the lady just said" just mail it in" i go "but it's due today.."
    so she had the nerve to say. "You're one payment late anyway". /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

so I got no where with the credit union here. my credit union in eugene, no one works at their desk anymore i left 5 voice mails there between 2 people and then the last lady when I was gearing up for the F bomb to be dropped a few times said they could send out a new atm card (which I don't even care about) and to just mail the money in.

Oh well I'm gonna trade the burb in and get all my payments set up for here and all at one bank.

I'v delt with 2 credit unions(1 oregon,1 idaho) and 4 banks (2 oregon, 1 idaho and 1 utah)and have had problems at all of them except the one bank here.

Keep up the good work WELLS FARGO and /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif everyone else,LMAO

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: I\'m going back to mason jars in the back yard....

wtf, the ATM machine keeps the card if its not from their credit union? There has to be something illegal about that.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

that guy sounded gay when i called them about that. he goes when the machine beeps you need to grab your card quickly or it keeps it. i yelled at him IT NEVER CAME BACK OUT!!!1. it printed a reciept that said Transaction cancelled, card is retained please contact your issuer.
    he goes OOOhhhhhh well then you need to call your bank.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What is the bureau that oversees banks? FDIC? I'm sure they have some regulations that violates. Been at the same bank since I was born, I'm sure I will move someday and go through hell as well, stupid banks.

I hate the bank I have too. I'm limited to 3 withdrawls a month, its my money wtf?? ANd just because I removed my mom's guardianship from my account they made me switch to an account book where I have to manually enter all my info and balance it out all the time, yeah like thats happening. What about my online transactions??? I haven't touched that account book in I don't know how long.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Doesn't anyone carry cash anymore /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ATMs Checkbooks, Credit cards, Debit cards, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I dont see how people live like that. Way too much stress.
    Accessing my money is easy. I just pull out my wallet.

6. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

ATMs capture cards, generally, for three reasons:
    Your PIN was entered wrong 3 times
    The card was left in the machine too long
    Or, the issuing bank (that bank that holds your account) flagged it to be captured.

Now, if your card was signed on the back, you should be able to retrieve the card from the bank that owns the ATM that captured it, unless it was flagged for capture by the issuing bank. If that is the case, you need to get on the phone with your bank, and find out what their reasoning is for it. If you have difficutly getting through to your own bank, then, yeah, you need to switch banks. I would suggest a smaller Community Bank. They have the best customer service, and it is generally easy get in touch with the higher ups there. You might want to ask for the book keeping supervisor at your bank, and complain to them (nicely, of course. You catch more flies with honey, and all that)
    With the message that the ATM gave you, it sounds like someone at your bank flagged it, for whatever reason, to be captured. It could have been a clerical error, and, generally, talking to the higher-ups will get that settled.

Sled_dog: 3 transaction limit sounds as though you have your ATM card linked to your savings account. Regulation E, from the FDIC, limits the number of electronic transactions from a savings account to keep people from using it as a demand deposit (checking/transaction) account. If you could do as many transactions as you wanted from a savings account, there would be no reason to have demand deposit, as savings accounts generally get more interest than a demand deposit. As for having to enter your own info and balances, it *is* your money. You probably should keep track of it, yourself. Most banks will be happy to help you out and tell you how much interest you have earned, so you can write that in, also.

My best suggestion is to find a small community bank, and keep all your transactions there. The customer service will be better. You might have to deal with a lack of "home" ATMs, but, honestly, the extra dollar per transaction is worth it if you ever have to call them to work out a problem. At my bank, if something gets messed up, and a payment is missed (or late) because of it, they will generally waive the late fees and it won't go on your credit report, but only if the account that caused the problem, and the loan are at the same bank. It is next to impossible for one bank to call another and say "Hey, we messed something up, can you guys ignore that late payement?" Banks don't cooperate with each other like that.