Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm going MADDDDDDDDDD.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kia, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

I\'m going MADDDDDDDDDD.....

Hi all,

After my day out the other day (see my other post) I have had nothing but problems.

Firstly the battery died after picking up my Brother from the station, it was diagnosed as a dead alternator and the next day I swapped it and all was well.

NOW!!! (a day later) I drove it about 3 miles and it cuts out!!! AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! got the tow truck out and they said it was the fuel pump.

Well knowing what I'm like I didn't believe him and started to investigate.

When I turn the Ignition key it tuns over, gets a great spark, and when I spray 'quick start' into the where the injectors are it wants to fire up.

I know it's not the fuel filter coz it was changed about a week ago.

I have also checked the cables to the rear of the truck where the fuel pump is and there is a current when trying to start it up.

So this leads me to believe (after doing a search here aswell) that it is the fuel pump. I have already started to take the fuel tank shield off and it started getting dark so I'll carry on tomorrow.

I got two question though...

In this picture, what is the fuel line in?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and...

Is there anything I should know regarding taking the fuel tank off?

I'm hoping to take pictures of the fuel pump exchange to post here for info.

Kia.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'m going MADDDDDDDDDD.....

<font color="green"> Off topic, but give that thign a good cleaning while you're working on it, it's filthy inside of the throttle body! </font>

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Are you asking where the fuel line goes into the throttle body? you can see in the bottom picture, two steel lines going into the back of it...one is the return line. Do a search on the fuel pump stuff.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i think he wants to know what fuel line is in and what one is out

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

i think drivers side is in, passenger side it out...if you pull off the fittings that go into the TBI...not the feul lies, but the actual ones that screw into it, one is bigger. that is in, the smaller one is out.