Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'M GOING TO BE SCARCE AROUND HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Stephen, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I\'M GOING TO BE SCARCE AROUND HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE

Due to the number of things happening here, I'm not going to be around as much here for a while. Between BB04 prep, working on the race truck, working on the new shop, working on everyone's parts, trying to get some new stuff out, 1 hurt employee and a baby coming soon, my "free" time is getting tight. I should be able to check in every few days but just thought I'd let everyone know what's going on with the main answer guy on this board.

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'M GOING TO BE SCARCE AROUND HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE

Cool deal on the baby

Congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Why dont you wait untill the night before to get ready for BB? Standard procedure. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Thank you for letting us know Stephen! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

So I guess that means no Hammers Dec10-14. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Stephen

Yeah, I'll be fresh back from the B1K which will be almost a 2 week ordeal when you figure in thanksgiving the week after. I don't think towing to JV is going to happen in mid december. Beside that fact, my parents have a Copper Canyon trip planned the first of dec. so there's no way I can go anywhere. I'll be busy making up with my wife too. All in all, this is my big trip for the next few months. boo hoo, I have to go drive in the Baja 1000.

7. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

but the real question is stephen....
    will denise be answering the shop phone the day after she delivers?

congrats and good luck!!!
    cam

8. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well Since Denise is his Mom and Miranda is his wife. I belive that is how it all happened. Denise did awnser the phones the day after Miranda gave birth. :laugh: :laugh:

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So what's up at ORD???

What exactly is the 'race truck' and do you have any pics?

Also any pics of the Burb you were working on?

:D:D:D

10. Stephen

I'll have to throw up a some pics of the racer tomorrow, I have a few from the San Felipe 250 a couple weeks ago. We did the prep work on it for the Baja 1000 last fall. This spring it's all standard work stuff around the shop, lots of guys getting ready for spring, wheeling season is started in some warmer locations, getting ready for the jeep safari in Moab, etc. I do have a huge list of things I'd like to do to Wally and of a bunch of maintenance type stuff on the 'burb but it's all kind of back burner right now with the busy work schedule.
    Of course having 3 boys and a busy family life keeps me entertained anytime I'm not at the shop, even sometimes when I am at the shop.
    I'm trying to put some more time in here on CK5 again but it's a little tough to keep track of, it's easy to be on the phone most of the day and not have much time to play here. It'll all get done though.

I'll try to get some race truck stuff up on our site so you guys can see what a fast K5 looks like. Or at least a relatively fast K5 anyway.

11. 2Dogs

Nice! Desert racing (trucks, rails, bikes, or quads) has always been a dream of mine.

I learned how to drive ( and crash) between San Felipe and Mike's Sky Ranch waaaaay back when. I miss Baja and the desert bad.

12. Stephen

I'm not sure where sunnyvale is but I'm sure it's closer to baja than colorado, so get awn it! I'd like to be closer to the racing action just to be able to go to the races to watch, it's a big deal for us to drive there and we're involved pretty heavily with the team.

Racing is pretty fun, to greatly understate it.

13. 2Dogs

You've been close to Sunnyvale - just a bit north of Hollister, you took pics of my black K5 on the ramp the year you went to BlazerFest. :D

We are getting back into the scene - adjusting to a new kiddo (Erin is 10 months old now) has taken some time (that has been a good thing).
    Anyway - fired up the motorcycles, got the K5 in the shop for a family cage, so we are close to going out. Although Baja may be a little out of reach for me for awhile still ;)

And the family doesn't go down there much anymore. Along with the crowds and increased danger we have moved away from the aluminum block v-8 rails to lighter dune runners like Funco. And I only have the bikes and a quad at the moment, wife said we could get a Funco when we have room for it :blush:

I remember my first ride in a v-8 rail. Wondering why the driver was wrapping a scarf around his neck in the middle of 100 plus degree Mexico heat. I soon found out it is difficult to breath with an exposed neck at well over 100 MPH :D

14. Stephen

must go build race truck NOW.

15. Remember_54

Remember_54 Registered Member

Baby coming soon - coooool :) congrats and good luck

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011