Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm going to school EVERY year!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Holy heck... I just finished filing my taxes, and because I went to school my refund is almost double what it was last year :eek1:

I guess college IS good for something :D

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

yea..until you figure in how much you spent on tuition.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

They sure must not teach much in school these days.
    Why would you give money to the government to use interest free all year? :dunno:
    I have never understood why people are happy when they get a tax refund.
    All it means is. You gave the government your hard earned money to use interest free. Then they give a little of it back and say. Good taxpayer
    Maby i am lame in my thinking but I much would rather put my money in a savings account, earn intrest and cut a check to Uncle Sam on april 15th.
    I file 1040 and use every conciveable deduction.
    I usually claim enough deductions on my W-2 to make sure I owe around 4 hundred bucks at the end of the year so I dont get any penalties.. or have to pay quarterly. I can put that money to far better use than the government can.
    As long as I pay or break even I figgure i am dooing great. If they (the IRS) give me a check it means I screwd up somewhere.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Please, good sir, let me bask in my extra dough... We don't need to talk about how I would really LOSE money in the long run :crazy:

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Sorry man. I guess i shouldn't have rained on your parade:D I do think its great that you have learned better ways to file taxes and lessen the ammount you have to pay. CONGRATS!!! Keep up the good work learn as much as you can on how money works. I know it can be booring but it can also make you very comfortable in life.. Too many people pay too much to the IRS. I was just trying to get across a point that it aint all that bad if you use every deduction/loophole and have to pay money on April 15.