Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm going to the junk yard in Zion, IL...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Apr 16, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I'm going to the junk yard in Zion, IL... I need help there

anyone wanna meet me there?? I was going to go to a yard out by my house, but the guy I was going to go with has to work today, and I don't know where it is. I was then going to go to the one in Milwaukee because I'm at my parents' house, but they are closed on Saturdays.... so I'm about to call the one in Zion to see if they are open, and I'm hoping someone is available to come along and help me find the parts I need, and since I've never been to a yard before - except for my car's gas tank - to prevent me from getting ripped off.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

too bad werent just a lil closer hmm..

never been to a yard ? !

i cant believe that that is possible, wow!

:O
    :shocked:

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

check your PM.

4. PhoenixZorn

I've never been to a walk-through yard... I've been to many salvage yards where you ask for a part and the guy brings it out...

5. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

damn, its a shame i didnt read this sooner, i usually dont pass up trips to the junkyard.

6. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

did you end up going? I know many many yards in the southern part of the state where you can wander around aimlessly for hours.

7. PhoenixZorn

No, I never did go.... I'm going to the Jefferson Co swap meet this coming weekend, maybe I'll see some of you guys there.

We'll have to make some plans for a weekend Junk Yard trip... though I'm not sure when we can do that yet. I may be off NEXT Wednesday if anyone wants to go then, otherwise, the first weekend of May looks like the best time to go.

8. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

If you want to go wednesday during the day i am available until 4 pm. After the first of the month, i will have very little free time. I always have a tool bag ready to go.... you have anything in particular your looking for?

9. PhoenixZorn

Well... Now I'm looking for a set of 52inch springs for my front end (or by odd chance a set of lift springs), a set of 3.73 or 4.11 gears or whole axles... going for fuel economy with 35inch tires here... so 3.73 would be better for the highway, but it feels like a dog now with 3.42s and 31s... can't even spin the tires with a fresh engine...

most importantly, 2wd rear shackles so I can do a shackle flip... possibly a set of rear lift springs too... but I doubt I'll find those in any yard.... 56s wouldn't be too bad though... then I can just use the 52s from my truck in the front.

Anyway.... realistically speaking, I only expect to be able to find the shackles for the flip, and maybe the 56 inch springs since they were common on trucks...

10. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

When i went to the Zion junkyard they only had 1 K10, i bought the rear springs and hangers from it :tongue1: I'd be willing to go, just set a time and date.

Later