Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm gonna get flamed...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Apr 30, 2006.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Alright, this was spawned from a recent thread that got turned a little ugly...

I give my utmost admiration and respect to members of the armed services for what they do for this country. If not for them I wouldn't have the opportunity to write this. I made the decision not to join the military because I think that I can better serve this country in a civillian role and I'm just not cut out for the life.

However, I've ran into a few of them recently (most of them on campus and my age) that are grade A douchebags. My question is a pretty stupid one...how do I treat said douchebags? In the end they've devoted their lives to everything I live by and love, but on a personal level they're pricks.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I post this with the best of inentions. I owe soldiers everything I have, and if called to serve, I would and do so to the best of my ability, I just struggle to treat people with respect that don't do the same.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hitler did a lot of good in his day, but in the end, you know....

There's levels of low humanity across the entire spectrum

Remember that bell tower sniper?

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Just because someone is in a uniform doesn't mean that they are good people... Military is a job, and at every job you have some real jerkoffs who just need to get beat to hell once in a while...

Those pricks you refer to are probably the people who are in it for the free school or something else like that and will cry like little girls when it's their turn for a deployment...

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

exactally like capman said
    just cause you are in uniform don't automatically mean you are a good human
    i work with plety of ignorant people
    all in all at the end of the day, we arent any different than anybody else, we just have a way different job.

5. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

Just a shot in the dark Capman2k but you either never served in the military or you were one of those 4 year wonders that were in it for the school....because the military for those that live it everyday it is not " a job" it is a way of life, I am sure if you asked my wife and kids if our life is just a "job" she would have words to run you up one side and down the other....my kids live it every time Daddy goes on those 7-12 month deployments there is almost no such thing as a 6 month deployment anymore....and my wife who has to act as both mother and father while I am away would be more than happy to tell you it is not a "job" it is a choice to live a life to defend what we hold true to this country..our freedom our choices our rights to be whom we want to be and what we want to be and the road we choose to take us there......if you take the military on as a life choice it is not a job it is who you are........

but that is just my opinion and I earned the right to my opinion :D

As for the rejects in uniform that disrespect others and act like morons...yeah there are alot of them and to put a spin on what capman2k said they are the ones that do not take what they represent seriously and are only in it for the "perks" and not for the right reasons or they would be acting in a more professional and appropriate fashion....

I would let them know "hey while I respect the fact that you serve our country and you have made a choice to do so...right now I am embarrassed to say you are a representitive of our military services because you are acting like complete morons".........either they will realize what an ass they are making of themselves and stop....or they will laugh and attempt to kick your ass.....either way you made your point they are acting in an inapropriate manner :haha: .... Sorry had to lighten things up a bit.

Just ignore them they will soon grow up and see the light.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I did 6 months enlisted in the Wyoming Air National Guard... Doesn't really count, I know, but hey I got to get a taste of what at least the Guard life is like... Yes, school was a big part of my choice, but being in the military was something I had wanted to do since I was a kid. I really don't think I could take the military life 24/7 for at least 4 years, so the Guard was perfect...

Unfortunately, a bad ankle came back to haunt me during basic training... When I could hardly walk after morning PRT, it was off to home with an entry level separation for me :( It's almost embarassing to say I only have 6 months, and a month of active duty, but it was good while it lasted, and I have a great appreciation for the military...

So that's where I come from... Like I said, I know it's hardly anything, but it's not what you thought apperantly...

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

What are they there for? Just wondering if they are all in the same unit, which would make a solution easier.

If you feel strongly enough about it, and it's a pretty easy deal, find out who their "boss" (:)) is, and go have a little chat with him/her. You could probably find a phone number in a phone book/online as well if thats easier on you.

Just like anyone else that wears a uniform, (police, fireman, etc) a soldier is a representation of all the armed services, and the country. Acting like a moron only brings discredit to said institutions, besides yourself.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

An a$$hole is an a$$hole. Respect the uniform, but if the person in it is a jerk, that is a reflection of that individual.

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I assume these guys are ROTC? They think they are cool cause someday they will be "zeros" (officers). I dealt with those idoits when I was in. They get around active duty guys, and their attitude changes 180 degrees. Either that, or they may be pogues.

John

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Joke em if they can't take a fock...

11. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have 2 friends that I have known since the 4th grade that went into the army and I greatly respect them for it but I consider them both a$$holes. Two of my best friends that I would do anything for went into the army and after boot camp they think they are the toughest guys on the earth. they act like they are better then me and all my other friends and one of them tried to steal my girl while we were still together. awesome friends let me tell ya but I still respect them and am proud of what they're doing. in the army that is.