Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im gonna take the burb down a few inches...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Feb 21, 2007.

?

what lift should i go to???

1. 4 inch

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. 2 or 2.5 inch

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

alright heres the deal...i gotta buy new springs for my blazer...im not running crossver right now and wont be till next winter so my burb which is my tow rig ...im thinking about taking down a few cause the little lady has trouble getting in and since im primarily using it to pull with i dont need 6 inches with 35...should i go 2 inch or 4...what yall think...it will prolly be a while till have to put tires on this truck cause i might put 10000 a year on it...gimme some advice...

P1010496.JPG

P1010497.JPG

2. twoslo4five0

oh and i dont want to cut the fenders...the truck had 33s on it when it was stock when i bought it...

3. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

4, you'll probably have to cut even on the street with the 2" and 35's. You may even rub with the 4".

4. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

Take it down. Please ye ol' lady. besides. you already have other nice rigs. i put a six inch lift with 37's on my burb and i had no idea it was going to be as tall as it turned out and i have a hard time gettin in the damn thing as well. besides you can always trim.(edit:slow internet) I say four, good dd height for me anyways.

5. 88$PIT

88$PIT Registered Member

X2.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i ran 3" and 35's and it would rub on full lock. id do 4"

7. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

I say lift it up to 12" and shove some 44s under there!!!:D:D:D:D

J/P I say go 4".

8. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

4 works great for un-cut fenders and 35.. I love the way my 35s fit under the fenders with my 4 inch lift.

But, its JUST 2 inches!! Maybe a step would work better? How about a raisable step? maybe install a custom hinged step that you put up after use and it tucks inside cab? Always the cheap rope step, just shorten a broken tow strap and tie it to the seat.

9. twoslo4five0

i have to buy a set of leaves for my trail truck anyway so im just gonna take the 6 inch bds springs and put them under the blazer....thats why im gonna buy a diffrent set for the burb...

10. GMCJason

GMCJason 1/2 ton status

Here's another data point for you. This is my 3/4 ton Sub with a 2 or 2.5" Superlift and 35" tires put on by a PO. I've taken it off-road a couple of times without a problem. He did cut the front fender behind the tire. It was done pretty well and isn't really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

I removed the steps. My family liked them but, in case you were wondering, they will not hold the weight of the vehicle while setting on a rock. :D

sub_side_sm.jpg

11. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

I get the same complaint from my wife...your call, but I think it looks about perfect the way it is...if its really just a tow truck now, why run any lift at all? It will pull better with 33s or 31s, assuming you have not regeared...

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

If you determined to drop it I vote for 4" springs. That's usually an acceptable number for the wimmens.

13. twoslo4five0

cause i already have 35s now and dont have 33's...

14. twoslo4five0

so the more i think about it i think im gonna go 2 or 2.5 inchescause my 35 have about 1/2 tread and my truck had 33s on it stock...so i think i will be alright but will i still be able to run my shocks,steering arm and extended brake lines???if i have to change all that back to stock i will just go 4 inch...if i go 2 then if the tires rub i will just ad a zero rate front and rear...

15. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

My had 4" and 35's unless playing on hills and such never rubbed. But was still a good step to get up in. My wife could but was not easy for her. On something my wife had to get in and out of regular I would go 2.5 and trim. To not trim and 35 go for 4". The k10 I have just got has 3" blocks and 35's.

16. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

A 4" will still clear the 35's, you may have to do a little bit of trimming, but it will still look good with 33's too. 4" and 33's is going to sit 3" or so shorter than it does now.

A Tuff Country EZ-ride 3" would probably clear with a little trimming, and should be a good compromise.

17. twoslo4five0

well im going with 4inches i just bought a ord shackle flip....let the fun begin....

18. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Nice! I dont see why ANYONE would have any rubbing problems 4' and 35s unless they went with a certain brand's 35 that actually equals out to 36-37. I think iroks would fit mine as far as height (36=37 because of tread), but the width(13.5 i think) it would rub. Most any 35x12.50 should fit unless you have a high travel suspension and love rocky trails. But since its mainly a tow rig i see no problems at all. You can fit 44s (TSL) on a Bronco with 4 inches of lift!:haha: