Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm having Impure thoughts and I'm SEEING RED...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Aug 4, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I\'m having Impure thoughts and I\'m SEEING RED...

2WD 75 fulltop, 3" chop, no exterior handles, remote doors and windows, custom center console with touch screen monitor with GPS and an automatic console shifter, fiberglass rear rollpan and ported front bumper with air tubes to intake, front clip change to quad headlights, phantom grill, blacked out lights, supercharged MPFI 468ci BB with a Turbo400, 4linked 9" rear end, front and rear will be bagged, rolling on some Torque Thrust 18" wheels, 8" up front and 10" outback (polished lip and satin grey spokes), paint will be a base of gold metallic flake, pearl ghost flames or rally stripes with a candy apple red top coat. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Project name: SEEing RED

Maybe I'll get started on this in 2006 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

If I can get the torque thrusts for an 8lug pattern I'll toss a heavily shaved 14bolt out back and a 3/4ton 2wd 8lug setup for the front /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. jjlaughner

Re: I\'m having Impure thoughts and I\'m SEEING RED...

All the seat and top inside will be red tuck and roll leather, center console will be red leather with red carbon fiber inserts. Black carpet and black threading. The rear top after its chopped will get fiberglass panels installed instead of glass to make a panel wagon looking vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. jjlaughner

Anyone ever section a blazer body? take like 3" out of the middle all the way around? I'm not going to try it, just curious if anyone has?

Daily driver: Project Wasn't Me
    Offroader toy: Project Rusty Bucket (soon to be renamed Highlander)
    Race Ready K5: Project SEEing RED (still looking for a clean 75 2wd)
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

There is a really strait 75 here near me that is in great shap with a newer front clip, drive here home for 2 grand /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. jjlaughner

If its still there in 2006, I'll come get it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

(PS I think we got hijacked /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Body work posts in the shop area and now they are in the garage /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif)

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    3" chop, no exterior handles, remote doors and windows, custom center console with touch screen monitor with GPS and an automatic console shifter, fiberglass rear rollpan and ported front bumper with air tubes to intake, front clip change to quad headlights, phantom grill, blacked out lights, supercharged MPFI 468ci BB with a Turbo400, 4linked 9" rear end, front and rear will be bagged, rolling on some Torque Thrust 18" wheels, 8" up front and 10" outback (polished lip and satin grey spokes), paint will be a base of gold metallic flake, pearl ghost flames or rally stripes with a candy apple red top coat

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I'll get started on this in 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that when you're planning to win the lottery, or when you plan to knock down an armored car?!?

Seriously, sounds like a cool project. Your choice of wheel is excellent; I've always loved the Torque-Thrust, esp. the polished/satin combination. If it were mine to do, I'd try to find a 50 or 55-series tire for the 18's - I don't like the rubberband look of the current big-wheel trend.
    I'm not into the lowrider look very much, but I do like some of them that are well-executed, not too blingy, and have the balls to back the looks. Plus it's gotta be a driver - a trailer-queen lowrider is a waste of time, parts, and money in my opinion.

8. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Is that when you're planning to win the lottery, or when you plan to knock down an armored car?!?

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, sounds like a cool project. Your choice of wheel is excellent; I've always loved the Torque-Thrust, esp. the polished/satin combination. If it were mine to do, I'd try to find a 50 or 55-series tire for the 18's - I don't like the rubberband look of the current big-wheel trend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll put a thicker sidewall tire on the rim. I like to have a cushy ride, thus the 18's and not 22's /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not into the lowrider look very much, but I do like some of them that are well-executed, not too blingy, and have the balls to back the looks. Plus it's gotta be a driver - a trailer-queen lowrider is a waste of time, parts, and money in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope my idea for the MPFI supercharged BB it will have a set of race slicks in the back for having fun at the track, but it will be setup for street tires. With the street tires I'll probley make runs about anywhere close. If I'm headed to a show more than a couple hours away it might get towed (the more time its ont he highway the more chips it will gets). The paint wont get skimped on but there is a line between driving it and showing it over distances (esp with a BB that might get 5-8 MPG). /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I see why the job hunt is so hard, you're looking for an 80K job! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    I see why the job hunt is so hard, you're looking for an 80K job! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]
    mmmmm mmmmmmm I rekon so

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    there is a line between driving it and showing it over distances (esp with a BB that might get 5-8 MPG).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I just don't have much respect for the guys that'll spend $100K to build a show-type vehicle, yet it can't be run for more than 5 minutes 'cause it'll puke all over itself, or melt down.

12. jjlaughner

What if (without paint and wheels tires), I do the project for under $800 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I'm getting an 89 K5 thats missing the front clip, I have everything except a core support to put a front clip back on... I can get a free full top top, I have this 8lug frontend out of the pickup and an extra 14bolt here. So far total price is $0. A little /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif maybe $150 in metal and longer rear shackles and trim a little off the front coils (for now), $150 in fiberglass panels and filler, $150 in material and screen to make the center console (leaving room for the bling bling monitors and stuff later on), my time and about $500 I think I could rough up a primered sled awaiting bags and motor /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Down side... it would be 8lug so it would limited in wheels but I can find something that works I'm sure. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. jjlaughner

Well skratch that idea... I ended up not getting the 89 so I guess I'm shopping for a 75 again

something like this
    [​IMG]

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

why not finish the projects you've got before starting another? i'm seeing another trend with us Indiana guys, first the J- names, now unfinished projects. i'm considering SFAing my 91 K1500, yet my K30 isnt done yet. i have most of the parts to do it, just cant see tearing the DD down, when the trail rig isnt even done yet.

15. jjlaughner

yeah whats the fun in one project though... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I will most likely get the project truck running before I even get a blazer to start chopping on. If I find one this winter that would be a good start. My driveway is pretty full right now though.