Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm headed to Red Green country

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 19, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Tomorrow morning we'll be on our way to Red Green country. From what I understand, the Red Green Show is taped in Toronto, which is where we'll be landing in Canada.

I wonder where the fictitious "Possum Lake" and lodge is supposed to be.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

allen bring a d60 for me your entering darkshadow town!

the show is actualy taped in hamilton, i was going to go to a tapeing this season (the last) but just dont have the time, shame i was going to wear the duct tape suit jakit (no kidding) that i made and wore to my wedding reception.

why are you heading out this way? look me up if you want my wife would like to meet a caveman!

3. mountainexplorer

Haha... you wore a duct tape jacket to your own reception? Sounds like my kind of reception. :D

We're landing in Toronto and the immediately driving from there to Ottawa by van for my cousin's wedding on Saturday. And amazingly... I may not look like a caveman anymore. They want me to shave completely for the wedding.

I almost started looking for good deals on parts to buy over in that are if I'm going to be there... since I'm used to wheeling and dealing with parts everywhere I go, but then I remembered we're flying there.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

why not just fly to ottawa? it is a 5 hours non stop fast drive to ottawa from TO, I live 45 minutes the other direction in dundas.

you'd like it out here now, i live right aganst the escartment not quite a mountain i know, but is nice with all the fall colors

5. gauder

gauder Banned

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." lol

6. mountainexplorer

It was cheaper overall to get the flight to Toronto and rent a van and drive to Ottawa. The flights available directly to Ottawa were too expensive.

I've never been that far east before. I think Colorado is the furthest east of Spokane I've made it.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm not too far ALLAN,when are you coming?i need to meet DARKSHADOW also. :D PS why shave for someone elses wedding?i never understood that. :laugh: :laugh:

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well you want the hwy 401 east, out of the airport its right there, takes you out of the ciry, dont worry there rest stops with gas, and food, every hour or so, i think it is hyw 15, well there is a few ways to go, stop in smith falls (40 min befor ottawa, and go to the hershey factory, and it you do go to a pub in town called Rob Roys, really great french onion soup!!!!

i hae done a bunch of work up in that area

9. mountainexplorer

I'll shave for someone elses wedding. But probably not my own.

I kind of forgot what it was like to NOT have facial hair. So it will be different. I've been debating doing it anyway.

Shaved or not, the women won't find me handsome... but I guess I am kind of handy.

10. mountainexplorer

Thanks for some of the direction tips. I'm assuming it will be a limited stopping trip. I'll probably be driving most of it... others with us is my mom and her boyfriend, my aunt and grandpa, and my mom's best friend and her husband Dave.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

your face will feel cold,that i know. super sensitive for a few days. :D

12. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's one of my favorite shows! :laugh:

13. gauder

gauder Banned

You should see if you can take a "Robert Q" shuttle from the airport to Ottawa. It's usually a big van, but here's the best part, somebody else drives. I'm always tired after being on a plane.

14. mountainexplorer

Seems kinda screwy... but we leave at 5:20 am Thursday to first stop in Phoenix, Arizona. Then from Phoenix the flight goes to Toronto. On the way back we go straight over from Toronto to Vancouver BC, then down to Portland, Oregon, and over back home to Spokane.

So we majorly overshoot south in order to go north and east, and then overshoot west going west.

I haven't been on a plane since I was like 5 or 6, so this should be interesting.

I guess my mom already reserved us a rented Dodge Caravan. Is 25 the lowest age limit for rental cars? Cause she put it in my name and I'm 24... so I wonder if they'll let me drive it.

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You're comin all the way heck down here? That's just dumb. Ah well. At least you'll get a glimpse of the great waste land we call home.

16. mountainexplorer

Yeah... definitely seems the wrong way, but thats how it works I guess. We only have 30 minutes before we board the next flight in Phoenix and take off again, so I guess I can't really go out and see any of the "waste land". Oh well, I'm used to trees and mountains anyways.

17. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Just look out the window on approach and take off. You'll see prime examples of basin and range topography.

That and a whole lot of not much for miles and miles.

We like to call it hell in the summer.

18. mountainexplorer

Last time I was in Arizona I was about 7 or 8 years old. I'm sure it still looks how I remember though.

Ahhh... what a night. None of us really slept. Been kind of a hectic household. Just so happened that my nephew on my dad's side of the family and his wife and kids are leaving the Spokane airport at 6am right after us, on their way to California; so they drove over from Moses Lake and stayed the night here at our house.

Weird how we had totally planned things separate, but their flight leaves within 20 minutes of our flight, and they get back to the Spokane airport within 20 minutes of our return time Sunday as well.

It's 3:20 am and I'm eating chocolate chip cookies and milk for breakfast. I hope I don't get airsick.