Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm in rust hell

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 15, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I\'m in rust hell

I have a hole the size of a bullet hole in my rear passenger side fender! my shcoks have surface rust and i dont know what else im missing. We all went to the beach today, and it was super hightide from some storm... we were there for 4hrs and i didnt wash the truck till like 5 hrs after i gothome....
    Like a yr or two ago the previous owner got a rust proof spray or whatever from acompany called ziebart.
    So im not that woried about the springs and the axles and under frame, im woried about the fenders and the body... is this rust fixable? can somone help me? Thanks.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.11 gears, Lim Slip Dif, Force2 Catback, rear springs , Throtle body spacer.

2. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m in rust hell

Bullethole size?!!!!!!! THAT'S NOTHIN'!!!!! After I cut the rot from my rear passenger footwell, I could throw a basketball through it with nothin but net! If Ya' know what I mean.;)

Hope you feel a little better.

Ron

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m in rust hell

If you can see a bullethole (.30 cal), expect to cut out a golf ball - easy as can be to fix, just cut and paste (weld). Some people will just put in a backer, and pave it with filler, but this isn't the best idea for strength, longevity, or appearance.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>