Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm lookin for some seats

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BIGNICK91, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BIGNICK91

BIGNICK91 1/2 ton status

Does any one have suggestions

I was lookin at summits race seat $36

comments

PS:D
    I got a locker 4 the 14b:D :D :D

2. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We put a set of seats out of a Pont. Grand Prix in my truck. They are very comfortable with a nice high back. Scott had to do some modifications on the bases to raise them up so I could see over the steering wheel :) ;). Not really I wanted to set higher to see over the front end a little better.

fred2mihi

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

From what I understand those Summit seats aren't what you want to sit in for several hours straight.

Like Dad said, go to the junkyard. I've set up a total of 5 different seats for the various K5s in my family. Not hard, especially since you have a welder. The only other thing you need is some angle iron.

4. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

If money is no object get some custom leather one from Mastercraft w/heat & lumbar and custom stitched BIGNICK91 in the headrests:D
    Junkyard stuff works too, just check the seat frames for cracks before you buy 'em, frames are usually thin metal and don't hold up to repairs very well.
    I'm running some PRP seats in my k5 and are very comfortable and supportive, they were like $170/each but my butt thanks me for 'em on long rides.