Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm looking for Micro-fish or computer software for our K-5...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cmoe, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Can anyone help me? Or does anyone have resoration Package for their K-5 that I can get a copy of?

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have the Helm Books and Sales Flyer as well as the restoration pack for 1987.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can I help in any way?

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Just trying to get more info on our K-5's... and I like reading spec's and manuals...

4. Metrodps

I got my Helms off eBay a few weeks ago for $31.45 ($20.95 + $10.50 S&H) from a K% owner who sold his truck that lived in Illinois. If you ever have any questions just pm me. Always glade to give something back to help out my Brothers or Sisters -(if any out there).

I learned a long time ago you meet the same people going up in the world as you do going down!

How do I get the Chevrolet Restoration Pack?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]This free packet from Chevrolet Motors is the ultimate reference for your old truck. Have your VIN number handy when contacting them for this free pack.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Chevrolet Motor Division[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]General Motors Corporation[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]P O Box 7047[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Troy, Michigan 48007-7047[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Phone: 1-800-222-1020[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]When you finally get through. Ask for a "Restoration Package" (it's free in the USA). They will want your Vehicle Identification Number and year for your truck. The restoration package they send includes complete engineering specifications for your year truck, and also a very long list of parts vendors for classic Chevys.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]NOTE: The USA Restoration Pack will NOT give you specific information for your individual vehicle, but generic info for the model year of your truck.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For our brothers in Canada, you should contact:[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]GM Canada Vintage Vehicle Services[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Phone: (in Canada) 1-888-467-6853, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EASTERN time. (Outside Canada 1-905-644-3387 or 1-905-644-4060).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Unlike the US Restoration Packs, GM Canada charges for theirs; however, unlike the USA version, you WILL receive information specific to your particular truck. The cost is as follows:[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]For vehicles 1963 & older: $25.00 (CDN) + GST & PST (Ont.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]for 1964 to current vehicles: $45.00 (CDN) + GST & PST (Ont.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Once again, those prices are in Canadian dollars![/SIZE][/FONT]

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Thanks if I can't find something I'll let you know... I have the Restore Pack for my 2 K-5's but would like to get more info....

6. Metrodps

OK, if you need something scanned I can only get that done on Sundays but I can always type it....

7. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Interesting. So what exactly would I expect to find in the package? Is it worth the $ (Canada) or would inter webbing turn up the same info with a little wrist grease?

8. Metrodps

The Canadain package provides the option content of your vehicle. Information includes:
    • original paint colour and interior trim colour
    • production/shipping dates
    • quantity of same model produced for sale in Canada
    • original engine number through late 1960's (if available)
    • original selling Dealer and location (if available)
    This information is combined with Engineering Specifications for your specific year and vehicle line to provide a comprehensive package of production information for each car or truck.

Option details are available from 1964 to the present for most vehicle lines.

Available information from 1946 to 1964 is limited to:
    • colour
    • trim
    • production/shipping dates
    • engine number
    • quantities produced for sale in Canada
    • selling Dealer (after approx. 1957)
    Here is a link to GM Canada and the info
    http://www.gmcanada.com/english/maintenance/parts/parts_vint.html#top

I can only speak of the US pack. It is a nice thing to have as it list what the options were and their cost (figure what your truck cost new) as well as a list of classic parts suppliers also. I would of paid $45 for mine if it told production/shipping dates, quantities produced for sale and the selling Dealer.
    It is a nice thing to have if you are restoring a truck and plan to keep it a while.

I plan on restoring mine to 98% factory new (CD player and rear multi carrier) and when I die a few years from now leaving it to my son. It will have all the books and information about the truck making it complete. My truck came from North Dakota where they do not use salt on roads.

9. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

That's cool. Really cool if you are restoring. I would have loved that info for my Volkswagen projects.