Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm missing a part to my soft top. Measurement please?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mcne2026, May 2, 2007.

1. mcne2026

mcne2026 Registered Member

My '72 K5 came with a STC Fast Track soft top that was never installed by the PO. It finally warmed up enough to do the install and I am missing two parts. I think I can make them easy enough, but would like to get the measurements from some who has them. If you have a soft top like this, then you know there is a frame that goes over the doors and into an L bracket that is installed at the top of the windshield. I am missing the L brackets. Can anyone that has one, measure both drivers and passenger side brackets for me? I would like both sides of the L, where the holes go and about how thick the steel is. Then I can get some flat bar and just fab them up. I am also missing one of the bolt type snaps that go into that same frame, at the bottom rear of the drivers side. Anyone got an extra or know where to find one? Thanks all. Once this is done, all I have left to do is install the Kenesaw bumpers, tough country lift and Pioneer AVIC-N2. Then the restore will be 101% completed.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I may have thoes bars still..I don't use the window frame stuff so if I still have or if I can find the harware leftover from my SCT Fastrack you can haveum. Oh and about your missing snap bolt any Orchard Supply or ACE harware has them, they aslo sell a snap repair kit you may want to buy as breaking a snap is perrty common...for me anyway.
    I'll go look and get back to ya.

3. mcne2026

mcne2026 Registered Member

That would be fantastic. Thank you. If you need any parts for yours, please let me know so I can return the favor. I just finished replacing every interior trim item plus all the exterior lenses, lights, and reflectors. I saved all the old stuff for just this type of occasion.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well I could not locate them..I found the forward bow but no window bars...I may have gave them away already..I think they may have gone to my buddy that I gave my old kayline top too...I'll keep looking but it doesn't look too good, sorry bout that :confused: my brain doesn't work so good anymore :doah:

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

You can get the snaps a just about any hardware store. I believe that Lowes carries them now too. JCWhittney has them as well.

My top is stored away for the winter. I'll see if I can get measurements on the little parts. It probably won't be until this weekend as work and kids seem to suck up all my time on week days.

6. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

The little L brackets are pretty small. About 1/2" x 1/2". They are about about 1/16" thick material. There is a hole to accept the window frame post on one side and a hole to mount it to the windshield frame. I'd be pretty easy to fabricate.