Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'M NEVER DRIVING IN TEXAS EVER AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Jul 18, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I\'M NEVER DRIVING IN TEXAS EVER AGAIN!!!

THAT FRICKING STATE IS NUTS!!! ALL THOSE BIG CITIES SUCK MONKEY DING DONG TO DRIVE IN!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ALL THOSE DAM ROAD CONSTRUCTIONS....WHY THEY GOT TO MAKE THE BARRIERS SO DAM CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER....NO ROOM TO DRIVE BETWEEN THEM!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif OHHHHHHHHHH! I HATE THAT STATE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I\'M NEVER DRIVING IN TEXAS EVER AGAIN!!!

tell us what you really think /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

So... how was your trip...? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    So... how was your trip...? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin (friend) drove about 9 hours last night while I drove about 5 hours.
    Then today, he drove the first 100 miles and I finished the rest of the trip back home with over 850 miles. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It took almost 9 frickin hours just to get out of Texas from Kingvilled to the OK/TX border. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif We were stuck in traffic while waiting for 2 accidents, each a mile apart, to clear up and let traffic flow again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Then we had to drive in Ft. Worth (we stayed the hell out of Dallas!!), Waco (not bad), Austin (sucks), San Antonio (sucks), and just about any other large city with I-35 or I-37 running thru it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Oh suck it up you puss /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Then we had to drive in Ft. Worth (we stayed the hell out of Dallas!!), Waco (not bad), Austin (sucks), San Antonio (sucks), and just about any other large city with I-35 or I-37 running thru it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I live in Austin and I take 35 to work every morning and back home in the afternoon, it's probably the best road in Austin(traffic wise) during rush hour...

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Normally I'd say you're a wussy/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but I agree and had a similar experience with some of what you went through. I came back up through Dallas after an adventure with my alternator. DBlazer and his wife came and helped me out and we drove through some road work...I had no power steering belt and was flat towing an 82 Blazer. I swore I almost wiped out the temporary barriers a few times.

As for Dallas itself...I'd probably still be lost there if Nash hadn't led me back to the freeway the next day./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I wasn't in Texas long enough to get stuck in any traffic though.

Rene

8. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

sissy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

try going through houston's loop with 39.5 TSL's and 10.5"'s of lift...now that sucks.

9. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I-35 is a pia but once you get off the interstates driving in TX is great. I used to travel from Ft. Worth to College Station quite a bit and that road from Waco to College Station was about the best 2 lane road I've ever driven...you ask why? Because the shoulders are about the size of another lane so in effect you have 4 lanes, 2 in each direction. People were always real good about moving over to the shoulder to let people pass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Naw, I had to get from 37 south to 35 north with 1 lane closed due to a RAIN accident at 5:30pm... now THAT sucks.

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hahahaha. 37 is a piece of cake. people usually move out the way when ya want em to. texas is a great place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 35 ain't that bad either. lol texas is a big state. i heard lousiana sux compared to texas. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif haha thats funny. can't handle this state huh?

jacob

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ya long distance driving is cake... but in SA its somewhat bad, austin isn't so bad... I can't imagine houston (havent been there in years). Rain, wrecks and lan eclosures make driving incredibly gay.

13. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    THAT FRICKING STATE IS NUTS!!! ALL THOSE BIG CITIES SUCK MONKEY DING DONG TO DRIVE IN!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ALL THOSE DAM ROAD CONSTRUCTIONS....WHY THEY GOT TO MAKE THE BARRIERS SO DAM CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER....NO ROOM TO DRIVE BETWEEN THEM!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif OHHHHHHHHHH! I HATE THAT STATE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ].

Gives you a whole new respect for 18 wheelers don't it?

BTW, Shaddap you puss /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

wussy!!! Cantcha handle somewhere that you can't see for 300 miles? btw, you're a wussssssy!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hahahaha. 37 is a piece of cake. people usually move out the way when ya want em to. texas is a great place. 35 ain't that bad either. lol texas is a big state. i heard lousiana sux compared to texas. haha thats funny. can't handle this state huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas ain't no thing like a chicken wing on a g-string.

If you think Texas is bad (lol), I wouldn't recommend I95 north from DC to Boston, GW bridge forget about it. Hell even L.A. has its moments.
    LOL hahaha Texas. Only bad thing about Texas traffic, is when it rains everyone down there turns into a bunch of retards and run into each other.

16. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

First time in the big city?

I think every place outside of kans-ass is like that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

L.A. can suck pretty bad. Pulled our little 21 foot camper trailer through rush hour there a few years back. Very interesting experience.../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

San Franciso sucks

Portland sucks

Denver sucks

Seattle sucks extra hard

Dallas...confusing place

Ft Worth, cake walk, never got off the 35 though

Witchita, would have been better without the Tornado

Overall most big cities suck for traffic. Vancouver...sucks/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

18. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You forgot a few....

DC sucks....

Arkansas (I30) sucks...

Oklahoma sucks...(and not just for the roads)...

Iowa...whats up with 55 on the freeways?

Tennessee...Troopers all seem to be related ot Buford T Justice...

Louisiana...I20 is rough as a dirt road...

Pueblo Colorado....I Counted 28!! cars doing speed trap duty...a shooter on both sides of the road, and a line of about 10-12 chasers...and At Least 10 Troopers with cars stopped on either side of the road writing tickets....It was Fawkin' Amazin'....speed limit is 75, and they seemed to be stopping those 10+ over...I didn't get stopped...

I'm sure there are others... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Man dont tell me this. I leave for Texas on Friday for a week.

20. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    Man dont tell me this. I leave for Texas on Friday for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I can only say one thing: GOOD LUCK!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif