Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm never going to post a positive thread again, am I...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I\'m never going to post a positive thread again, am I...

well, I got let go from the train park yesterday. that was my sole source of income while I was searching for a new job. what happened was my boss was in partnership with some other guy he couldn't stand to work with anymore, so he sold his half out. unfortunately, the other guy doesn't much like me, so I got the boot. so, I finaly had to break down, and go in for unemployment. I feel like such a complete failure for having to fall back on that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the only good thing I can think of, is my 350 has stopped chewing through bearings, so I'll be able to hold off on the 454 swap I can no longer afford for at least another 2-3 months, possibly indefinitly as needed.

on the positive side, signing up for unemployment, means I've been entered into a large database with the state, that employers can do job searches through, and I can call in and have the state do searches for me. but still.... I failed.

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m never going to post a positive thread again, am I...

*Put's on unqualified psychologist hat*

You're not a failure. You are only a failure if you quit trying. Seeing as you are still above ground, you're still trying... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

*removes hat*

NOW GO WHEELIN'!!!

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't give me the "I failed" crap!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    First off, I'm sure everyone, to include myself have been in your position and yeah, from experience, that's what you feel like, but in reality, you're not. It's just a setback, just another one of life's experience to test you. There's absolutely no shame if you are a hard working, honest citizen in collecting unemployment while you are trying to find another job.

BTW, you need to post more often.

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

first off, you pay in to unemployment and your empolyer, the rat, has paid in for you, the money is yours, take it rightfully, and who failed who here, your rat boss, keep on truckin and dont let the bastards get ya down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So what way the offical reson they fired you for ???? Sueing seems to be the modern way. Just a thought.

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I wasn't fired, I was laid off because they're a bunch of @#$%^ing retards when it comes to NOT buying BRAND NEW SUV's and MERCEDIES** on the company bill EVERY SINGLE YEAR. oh, and they decided to move durring a time of low projected sales, and against the better judgement of the accounting staff, the company controller, and common sense. then they spent around 1.2 million dollars RENOVATING THE BUILDING THEY'RE RENTING ( not buying,) and wonder why after the first 3 months of being in the new building, they're still at a 600,000 dollar deficit. I hope teh stupid assinine bastards go tits up on this one. and I mean it.

**( every year, the president of the company buys/leases THE newest, most expensive mercedies 12 cylinder car as soon as it hits the market, discarding the old one at a tremendous loss to the company. the Vice president of wasting money puts most of his vacations on the company tabs, as well as his cars, his collection of useless macintosh computers, and his hairbrained ideas that'll eledgedly make the company stronger and better. his latest one was to get a dual T-1 line laid into the building, even tho it'll have less capacity then our current cable modem, and cost 2500/month more then the cable... glad I'm not there for the next round of layoffs. )

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I heard a little girl drowned yesterday and she had parents..

so how bad is your week again?

hope it helped. flush and get off the pity pot /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

damn ,Rob we must share the same mean gene...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Uglychevy383 added:
    I heard a little girl drowned yesterday and she had parents..

so how bad is your week again?

[/ QUOTE ]
    and 2 days ago some distraught retard mowed down 3 professors at the Universety of arizona, one of my friends moms has been battling cancer for the last 3 years and is losing bad now, we almost had a crash landing at Sky harbor airport, there were several murder suicides today on the news, and all of that tragedy affects me in what way?

the point here, is I;ve not had a bad week, I've had a bad 3 months, and its not getting any better. every time I'm positive I;ve reached the bottom, it falls out again. everyone saying `it;ll get better' it hasn't, its just been worse and worse. the only thing left to happen is to have my trucks explode into flames/get stolen, and I'll have absolutely nothing.

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that Richard. Losing your only source of income is a terribly scary thing. But like others said you have paid for the unemployment and just using it to get you through this hard time. It is obvious you are trying the best you can to find work which is more then I can say for those who sit around and suck the system dry. I think that constitutes you as NOT a failure. So you get what you need and hang in there. Hopefully soon you will find something that has a lot more job security and in turn will not have to worry about losing work over crap like that again.

Yes there are other people in the world who may have worse things go on with them but that is them and this is you. You have every right to your feelings. It isnt a competition for whose life is the worst.

11. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

I know it is really bad right now and I know how ya feel. I just lost my job for a really stupid reason. Your X bosses sound like my X boss. We are better off without them in our lives. Collect the Unemployment and forget about them and look forward, chin up. Your going to make it. Goober gave me some really good advice on job hunting. Why don't you look at that. It's under Boudreaux's forum about his union that he posted a couple days ago. Good luck and smile. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

she is right. I am a example, here goes, i was a master tech for years, I seriously screwed up my right wrist and hand, barely have any use at all, after 1.5 years of living on L &amp; I, wich is 40% of my normal income, I finally got my reshooling last month, well yesterday it was cancelled, and so far I dont know why, and even worse, they are trying to stop my benafits a.k.a. income, without notice. sh!t, i just spent my $$$ on santa stuff. that sux. I have no money, and 3 kids, a pregnant other half ready to pop this month, and this comes loose, like I said, I know bud I know. what I meant is just that, it DOES have something to do with you, all of it, as cleshay as it is, it means you have more to live for than alot of others, so accept it or deniy it, either way, good luck /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. uglychevyZZ4

Any luck yet? Here is a list of job resources in Tempe Arizona I have compiled for you, hope they help, We all may not know each other but If we can help each other out in any way, we all benafit /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

General employment
    Training programs
    Parks and recreation employment
    Job line sunsbription
    Tempe Job Hunter
    Tempe employment line
    Community opportunity dept..
    Tempe needwork.com
    More Tempe job listings
    HOT Tempe jobs now
    Quick Temp services
    State and Local jobs

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGood luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif