Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm new here

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Feb 21, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I\'m new here

Hi Guys! I'm 16 years old and looking into getting a blazer. I don't have much money to spend but what the hey. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I'm hoping this helps in my quest for a bash worthy blazer. Just wondering if you could plz give me some tips on what to look out for when buying a truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: I\'m new here

first thing I always do when looking at a truck is climb under it and inspect all the body mounts. See if they are rusted out in anyway, surface or other. Rust and body mount areas often equals failure at inspection. Around here anyway.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Check for rust, oil leaks, make sure the 4wd works, look for big bondo spots (especially if it has fresh paint), make sure the front and rear axles are the same ratio, lights, any electronics, etc...

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Defently check for rust under the truck. Also look at frame around steering box for cracks.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Fill out your profile so we know where you are, and let us know your price range. That way everyone can keep an eye out of let you know if they know of a truck in your area. For example, I know of a K5 with 1 ton running gear for under $2500 in CA right now... </font>

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

when you look at the truck take a magnet with you. It will stick to sheetmetal but not bondo. Also check everything everyone else said too. Just play it smart and don't jump into the first thing you see without looking.

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

What everone else said are good points to look out for so I second them...

Also Welcome to the greatest site on the net /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good luck in your search. There are plenty of good blazers out there still. If you're lucky you'll find a keeper for cheap.

8. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the tips. I'm in Canada. Saskatchewan canada to be precise. I think I'm gonna check it out on sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif How do I change my profile?

9. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

go to my home and browse around there. too tired to explain right now. you'll figure it out. its fairly easy. actually i'll explain it. go to my home and then towards the bottom there is a thing that says personal information, email, password, etc. click on that and do all the things in there and yer profile will show. good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif welcome to greatest site on earth.

jacob

10. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Thx man, got it all fixed up.