Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm not a huge fan of my best friend!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by baldamish, Apr 20, 2006.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

We all know people like this. About 5 years ago, he finds a 24ft. hardside camper, the old guy wants $100 for it, in pretty decent shape, doesn't need much help to be in nice shape. At the time i have a 77 f-150 highboy, we take my truck out and spend some considerable time pulling this thing out of his yard, it had sunk up to the wheel bearings. We get it out, my friend pulls his wallet and and tries to pay the guy, the old guy says "you two spent so much time getting that thing out, and i'm just happy to have it out of my yard, just take it!" He ends up selling it for $2500 after putting some time and about $400 into it. Oh, he bought me a 12 pack for the tow.
    Him and his wife go to buy a meat freezer for $250. Nice freezer, the guy says he can store entire half a cow in it!!!! They get out there, and again, he goes to pull money out and they say..."you are a young couple just starting out, just take it!!"
    A few days ago, i posted regarding a cucv blazer, $300. The guy that had it said he got it home and it wouldn't start, but the body is decent. Says he doesn't know what's wrong with it, but he "got crippled" (his words not mine) and couldn't work on it. Something sounded funny about this sale, butWe go out and look at it. The body is in nice shape, typical chevy rot, but not bad at all for a 20 year old truck. Needs driver's rocker, some surface rust on the doors, nothing horrible. The worst thing is one of the tires is flat. He pays the guy $200, pays $100 for a tow back home, buys two batteries, fills the tank with fresh diesel and it RUNS GREAT!! He can't decide now if he's going to keep it or sell it in his front yard for $2500, i think i may go over in the dark of night and slash the tires and pour a pound of sugar into the tank...that is all.:haha:

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

some guys are just lucky

:shrug:

go halfs with him on lottery tickets.

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Mike watches with envious eyes...........:D

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

two of my best friends who happen to be twins, get those kinda deals all the time. they are always coming up with something cool that they either got free or really cheap. everytime they tell me they can get me a good deal like that they always forget. cant stop being friends though.
    they buy me beer.:D

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

"real" friends???

Been there..too many times..they step in s***,and come out smelling like a rose every time..all you get is s***!....I have had the same experinces with "friends" like that too...I could fill a page or two with stories about them..

One "best friend" I'm a bit miffed at is the one I worked with at the junkyard...I brought coffee to him a good many times,and countless times I helped motivate him into doing something besides sit on his butt and do nothing all day,and because of that,he built himself a car trailer,restored a 65 Tempest convertible,and many other projects..many times I had parts or other things he needed,and I just gave them to him,no charge...then I hear he sold the item I gave him parts for for a healthy profit..but no money ever touched MY palm...:mad:

I risked life and limb hauling a 2 ton bulldozer motor to the scrapyard 3 miles away for him,and on the way home that night my rag joint failed on the steering colum,and I had to ditch the truck on the side of the road,and fix it alone the next day in a snowstorm..he never showed up for work that day,too hung over from partying with his 300 bucks he got for the scrap metal...I got 20 bucks ,and a broken truck..not to mention almost getting killed when the steering failed...:mad:

Since the junkyard closed at the end of 2004,I've seen him exactly ONCE since then,at a swap meet last may!..he's never called,come to my house,or visited other friends in my area either(and they have expessed their dissapointment at being "abandoned" to me too!)....I realize he lives about 30 miles away,and gas ain't cheep--but heck,you'd think after working and hanging around with each other for many years, that a "friend" would at least call,and say we should get together for a cook out or party or something..and not let a whole YEAR go by without at least attempting to get in touch..

:what: :dunno: :screwy:

I guess I always have to go to them..my "friends" have never come here to my house more than once or twice..most of them are married with children,so I can't blame them for not wanting to "waste" precious family time to come see me..but they often visit other friends besides me in my area...:doah:

I've had other "friends" have me get them a good deal on something,then they sell it at a great profit,and never even say "Thanks"...had a few buy things out from under me too..like trucks and cars!..I keep my mouth SHUT now if I have any leads on anything..F***** myself too many times being a "friend"....

Sometimes,the more I think about my "friends",the more I think I should have stayed home alone..I'd have more stuff,less hard feelings,and nothing to brood about...the only "real" friends I could even half trust died in 1994,and I guess I wont find anyone like them again..:frown1:

6. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I face the same dilema. I always go to my friends' houses to see them but they never come to see me. Then I always have to drive home so I cant have too much fun.