Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm not "divorced" anymore.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by divorced, Oct 14, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I picked my username, "divorced", because of the divorce mounted t-case in my K20 that I was fairly proud of. A friend offered me a "can't refuse" offer on a set of tires, 4.56 geared axles, and my divorced t-case. So now my goodies are gone.

[flame suit on] I think my next project will be to build a Ford. I'm just burnt out on Chevys. I probably won't log in much anymore, but I'll drop by and see how things are going sometimes, and ask some questions about my 3 Chevy trucks since this is the best Chevy board anywhere. So... Here are some pics of my next project:

The truck is a 1979 Ford F150 in good condition. It has a 351M and a C6. Right now it's just 2 wheel drive.

[​IMG]

No, your eyes are not fooling you.

[​IMG]

And my tags from my K20. The scratched out part is my initials.

[​IMG]

Then I have this 4x4 frame to swap the 2wd body onto. The front axle has drum brakes, but will get replaced.

[​IMG]

Here is the replacement disk brake axle with lockout hubs. Also, a C6 and NP205 t-case. Somehow I have 3 of the Ford 205's laying around now. Both of my front axles are hi pinion D44's. (Note the Ford shock towers :D )

[​IMG]

And of course I can't do anything without my kitties to help me. I'm not sure what they were up to, but it couldn't be any good.

[​IMG]

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

That looks like its gonna be a sweet project. I'd like to see pics once you get it done. Personally i dont think there is anything wrong with fords, so if thats what you want to build, then by all means, go for it! Good luck and hope to see you around here sometime

Dustin

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I just see Red X's.... Photobucket?

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The calipers on the pic with the frame cut sure do look like chevy dana 60 calipers to me??

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

why would you no longer log in just because you're building a Ford? :confused: i havent touched my K20 in nearly 2 months (gotta put a MC on it and fix the drivers window before snow flies) and all i have other than it are 2wd trucks. my K20 is completely stock, so i dont really fit into the general CK5 wheeling crowd anymore. i really have no desire to wheel anymore. i'm actually thinking of building a V8 S10 for my next project think im gonna leave CK5? HELL NO! this place is awesome!

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

That is because it is a ford Dana 44 :D

Ira

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Screw that, stick around!

Who really cares what you build?

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

We'd like to see pics of that completed project. I'll show 'em to the previous owner of the frame....

9. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I wish the rest of the axle looked like a Chevy D60 :wink1:

It's not because I'm building a Ford, but because I have been spending a lot of time on a *gasp* Ford forum to learn more about these trucks since it's my first, and really have no clue what I'm doing with it.

What's the tattoo on a semi-famous bike builder's hand?... Pay up sucker! I do miss the lounge... I guess I gotta pay up :D

It's on a 1 to 2 year schedule, so it may be a while, but I'll be sure to post up any progress.

That's a nice looking truck. A few friends have Ford's and I kind of like the way Ford did some things... but other things are still a complete mystery :o

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Fords make great parts I love my D44HD closed knuckle and my D60 rear, and my D24 Tcase all from a 72 ford hi-boy, all fit great under the blazer (with a little "massaging") :D