Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm not helping out the redneck/scrapper stereotype at all

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 20, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm not making us look any better when you see me driving in a multi-colored crew cab with one mismatched and louder muffler barrell across an intersection with the tailgate left down tossing 3 core batteries into the street.

That was kind of embarrassing walking back out picking up broken batteries; and it made me upset because now I have 3 batteried that I won't be able to get $1.75 a piece out of. And I was so excited about getting the extra cash from all 9 batteries.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I just heard the banjo from deliverance..

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Anytime my wife sees a truck with different colored body panels, she calls it a "Mike" truck. When we first met, I was driving a 70F350 with primer cab, blue hood, green fenders, and blue/white drivers door. On our first date, we tried to drive to Santa Rosa, CA, but the roof almost blew off the Ford, so we had to turn back. Those that TRY to be rednecks, never will be. The redneck genes have to be in the blood, otherwise you are just a poser. My dad used to mow the lawn in shorts, Stetson and Tony Lamas. It embarassed the hell outta my mon.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you make us proud sir.also we get $2.00 a battery hear.:laugh: i love driving my junk through neighborhoods were the houses start at $750,000.00. the women wonder WTF? and the guys wish they had it.as they sit in thier range rover.most folks that make big loot around here are from redneck families,they just went to school and make good money now. but you can see the envy in thier eye as i pass them with the truck covered in mud.thats what they really wanted to do ,but they decided to keep up with the jones's.so now they have the marsaydies:laugh: and the huge house and are un happy.i talk to them when i stop for a snack,the guys flock to the truck like a moth to a porch light.:rolleyes: poor guys.:haha:

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I'm making this up, sorry Jeff. "If a can falls out when you open the cab door...

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what if its a bottle?

7. mountainexplorer

Actually in Brutus (that's the name of the truck I was driving) you don't have to open a door for that to happen. They fall right out the hole in the drivers side floor.

All I could do afterwards was yell profanities at myself in my own head for being so stupid as to mess up 3 perfectly good junk batteries. They used to be $2 a battery but last time I brought a bunch in they were down to $1.75.

What really got me excited the last time I hauled in scrap metal was it was back up to a penny and a half a pound. Right now I've got a beat up Ford pickup bed trailer hooked to the back of Brutus with scrap metal in it, a light bar bungee corded to the bumper of the trailer for trailer lights, and a $150 painted on the side of the trailer since I'm trying to sell the trailer too for Christmas money.

8. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If its a bottle, you are definetly not a rednek. Dont say its a weapon in a fight, cause a real rednek has a poketnife or a gun close by.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

batteries are worthless here...

I am lucky if our scrapyard will let me leave junk batteries for free here..the town landfill takes them too..I've heard they are bringing over 5 bucks each in upstate NY..many people on Craigslist begging for junk batteries for free,and they will pick up..must be hauling them up there and cashing them in..

If I go to buy a new battery,they charge 7 bucks at Wal-Mart and Autozone for the "core",but other than that you would be hard pressed to get even 1 dollar for one as scrap anywhere!..K-Mart used to buy them for a dollar each,if you just wanted to get rid of them...but they closed the one about a mile away,and even if the one 15 miles away is still buying them,I only have 3 or 4 to junk hanging around right now..

Scrap cars are bringing 85 bucks a ton here now!..I hought prices would fall as winter set in,but it actually went UP five bucks in the past month..

Here's another "you might be a redneck if"---If you refer to your dead batteries as "Perfectly good JUNK batteries!"
    U MIGHT be a redneck!:rotfl: :haha:

Good luck selling your stuff Alan...nobody around here is buying anything I'm selling..my plow setup,79 C10, huge 3 phase 80 gallon compressor,400 SB...nobody is buying much now..I might have 5 16'5" 6 lug rims going though..a guy wants them for his boat trailer--IF they will fit ok..:crazy:

10. mountainexplorer

I haven't expected to sell many parts this time of year. Luckily I sold something this morning though that saved me cause I was able to pay off some few items, get gas and now I can go buy a few Christmas presents.

11. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

How 'bout that, I've got a Kershaw Leek clipped into my "pockit" and a S&W in a "planner" on the seat.:haha:

12. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Man i only got a quarter a piece out of the last batteries that i took off. But also i am down here in the south. But don't see why that would make that much of a difference. Aluminium was 40 cents a pound last saturday.