Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm not looking forward to next semester

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zcarczar, Dec 1, 2005.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Signed up for classes today, hopefully its my last semester here at the JC, I really cant stand it. But for the winter 6-week session starting on Jan 3rd im taking 3 classes for 10 units, anthropology 101, business 117, and a lame computer class, then after thats over I start the spring semester on Feb 13th and have 5 classes for 18 units which include physics 100, college algebra, econ 101(took 102 last year), business admin 101, and speech 109. Yuck, then I will probably have to take another 2 classes over the summer to get my units up to where i can transfer in fall. So now I get to decide if I sell the new tow rig so i dont have any large financial obligations to worry about during college, or if i should try and work while taking a crap load of classes. :doah:

2. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

Wat JC do u go to?

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I go to victor valley college up here in victorville.

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

It depends what you do for work. When i was shop manager at a local sign shop, i was working 40-50 HARD hours a week, and going to school for 16 credit hours. It was HELL, having a physical job and that much schooling made anything that resembled a social life impossible, i barely even had time to sleep. When i wasnt working on account of my back, 18 credit hours was pretty easy, so long as i stayed ontop of my schoolwork. It wouldnt be bad with an easy job. I am doing 15 next semester while working 30 hours a week, hopefully its manageable :crazy:

5. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya Jason. I may have messed up big time (grades-wise) this semester so I'm just hoping I get back into school next semester. So now I have to plan classes for 2 schools just in case I have to make up some units back at a JC. not fun!

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My job isn't physically demanding, it just mentally draining. Im basically an IT Guy/Ass. Used Car Manager/Training Coordinator/Do whatever else needs to be done at my families dealership so I get pretty tired dealing with people all day, especially when you have to tell them 20 times to do something before you can help them and they get pissed off at you because you won't help them since they won't follow through on their end. :rolleyes: The last 3 semesters Ive been working about 25 hours a week while taking classes, this last semester I finally started going full time and I took 14 units which wasn't too bad if I actually do my homework ahead of time and stay on top of it, but for some reason I like wheelin and working on my trucks instead of doing homework. :doah:

But it looks like im trading the duramax in and getting something else since im not going to be working very much next semester, so hopefully I can find something I like in the next couple weeks. Im going to look at an 89 V3500 tomorrow, I really want a 91 V3500 but I dont think I will be able to find one.