Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm Off to Snowbird Mecca!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Rhinopkc, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

That's right, I'm going to Quartzsite! #1 spot for snowbirds and rockhounds, I am neither. It's a family tradition to go camping there the day after Christmas, we've been doing it for over 20 years. We'll be near the Apache Mine. It used to be a nice spot to get away from everyone but now old people figured out how to ride quads, so they come out and bother us at times. They get their panties in a bunch because we shoot a lot and a lot of them are from places that are not gun friendly so they get kind of weird when they see so many citizens exercising their rights. It's getting kind of annoying to have them ride right through our campsite, they don't seem to have any manners any more, so sadly this will probably be our last trip to Moe's place ( that's what we call our spot) we're going to try and scout a new spot that's off of the beaten path.

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Great your gonna be shooting, drinking and God knows what else! I will be at Havasu Regional watching my son be born!;)