Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm off to Spain

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigjbear, Sep 30, 2005.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Actually, four of us are; my wife & myself, along with my aunt & uncle. This will be the first time for the wife and I, but my A & U have been several times, and she speaks good Spanish. I can say hello and order food and drinks, that's about it.

We are flying into Madrid and spending a few days there. We're going to see some of the museums, including Reina Sofia Modern Art Museum, home of Picasso's Guernica, and a naval museum with artifacts from the the battle of Trafalgar. Of course we couldn't miss the El Museo de Jamón (that would be the museum of ham, its huge butcher shop of pork, yum) We are also going up to Segovia to see this alcazar (castle):
    http://www.travelinginspain.com/segovia.htm
    [​IMG]

From there we are going south to Toledo, the city famous for knife and sword making. There is a great old city with walls, ramparts, an alcazar, ect.

After that its time to head for the country. Farm land and & vineyards near the Portuguese border. This is where my father's family is from, and we are going to stay with some of our (distant) relatives. We will be in the regions of Zamora & Salamanca.

Finally we will be off to the wine country in the northern part of Castile y Leon near the border of La Rojia.

Two weeks of good foor and wine, and, family that I like. Of coures this means no Dixie Run of me this year.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The rain in spain falls mainly on the plane.....

Have fun lucky dog!

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

take your stetson fella...it's over 40 degrees down south at the moment, and like....well, real hot farenheight!!
    Have fun and watch out for those crazy drivers. :D

4. bigjbear

That would be a little over 100*F. Hopefully it will cool off before I head that way. Madrid should be in the mid 70*F, when I get in on Wednesday. That would be mid 20*C.

5. bigjbear

I'm leaving for the airport in an hour. See you all in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll get some good bull fight pics to post.