Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm one baaad mother- SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I\'m one baaad mother- SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm looking for a shortbed so your truck won't fit the bill but I wanted to drop you a line and tell you that was the greatest ad I have ever read! Good luck in selling (not meant sarcastically) - someone should give you the $1000 just based on the quality of your ad!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The ad in question:

[ QUOTE ]
    I lost my second job in the Air National Guard recently, and my mom and I traded vehicles... She took my 2000 Ford Ranger (with $350 a month payments) and I took her wonderful 76 Chevy............. what a deal *rolling eyes*

Anyway... This truck is pretty cool, and not bad for being free, but it's not what I want. here's the info as I know it:

It's a 76 C-10, 2wd full size pickup. Long bed, regular cab, 350 V8, automatic transmission... It seems to run well. It's carburated, so it's a bit of a pain to start, especially on cold mornings, but once it gets going it runs pretty strong (and excessively loud compared to my Ranger). It has 2 new tires I think, or maybe 1. I'll find out for sure and edit the posting later. The windshield was purchased in 2003, and is already cracked to the point that I would replace it if I was keeping it. It's not nearly as bad as the one they replaced, but it's just cracked, and that's not cool.

The heater kind of works. I have an issue with the fact that I can't get air through the vents, but the defrost and floor vents work, and the heater blows hot when the truck gets warmed up. The radio turns on and off, but every time you start the engine, you have to find your station, it has no memory. That, coupled with the fact that it doesn't have a light, makes finding your station quite challenging. The speakers are acceptable, and if you turn the stereo up almost all the way, you can hear your music of choice over the roaring of the engine and wind at 75 mph.

This truck has been in the family for about 8 years. In that time, I don't recall it ever being washed. This has resulted in quite a bit of rust. Most of it is unsightly surface rust, but the bed is actually rusted through in some places. The color of the body is orange, except the hood. One day, when we lived in Greeley, my dad closed the hood and somehow bent it in the middle, so we went to the junk yard and picked up a white hood to put on there. It wasn't put on properly or something, and you have to be careful when closing the hood. I'm not sure why, I was just warned to close the hood slowly. There are otherwise no dents or anything. It has a huge white/rust step bumper on the back.

Inside the truck is a bit of an experience as well. You have your bench seat, with a grey seat cover. I've never looked under the seat cover, and I won't unless you promise to buy the truck and pay $500 above my asking price. I'm scared of what may be under there. The windows don't seal well, and you can hear wind and stuff outside. One of the little triangle windows has duct tape on it for some reason. The handles for the windows are lacking the knob to turn them with, but the windows still go up and down. Sometimes the glove box opens on its own, but that may have something to do with the fact that it's nearly overflowing with 8 years worth of stuff. I'm not sure what all is in there, registrations past, old insurance cards, and my friend found a zip lock bag full of plastic spoons in there yesterday. It's just a basic old truck interior, nothing special.

It has two gas tanks, but my mom only used the right side tank. There's a switch in the cab to change between the two tanks. I believe the truck is able to carry up to 40 gallons of gas, and probably gets around 12 MPG (haven't measured exactly, that's a rough guess).

All in all, it's a good truck. Sure it's ugly as all heck, but it runs good, and that's all that counts, really. My parents have taken the truck everywhere, and the only time they had any trouble was when whey drove to Arkansas, but the south is a weird place. The 'rents have dumped at least a few thousand dollars into the engine in the last couple years, getting leaks fixed, getting little repairs done, tune ups, and other such stuff. Don't ask what all they had done, the things I listed are all I know.

If you want more info or you want to buy the truck or whatever, e-mail me at capman2k@yahoo.com

I'm on the look out for a full-size Jeep Wagoneer, or an XJ Cherokee (with a 4.0), or an S-10 Blazer, or an Explorer... Well, I'm on the look out for a 4x4 SUV or Subaru, preferrably with FUEL INJECTION (whoever invented that is a god). Unless you have an International Scout II, then a carb works. I have a couple hundred bucks saved I could give also, or you can wait a month and a half or so, and I'll have even more money /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside... But I think people should e-mail me to buy the damn thing, not to tell me I'm their hero /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

P.S. So sorry for the lack of spacing between paragraphs in the quote... I posted it with spaces, but they're not showing up /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'m one baaad mother- SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

I e-mailed him back and said to join ck5 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

tell me the ad u ran is a joke....cuz, wow-who in thier right mond would respond? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

That is so funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Sounds like the average Chevy, I think we have all had some of the issues he is talking about. Funny Shizzle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    tell me the ad u ran is a joke....cuz, wow-who in thier right mond would respond? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ran as a joke, just posted a few minutes before midnight... wayyy past my bedtime... I have a tendancy to be brutally honest in online postings when I'm trying to stay awake

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Also, it was a free ad... So nothing wasted but some bandwidth...