Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im out of ideas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Snowman1000, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Snowman1000

Snowman1000 1/2 ton status

alright Im trying to hook a pa up to my cb and when its all hooked up it is very quiet when I hook it up to the radio its louder than he## so I know its not my wiring or the speaker. I tried two different radios with the same result quiet so I was thinking since the radio is amplified it would have enough juice to make the pa work but since I wouldnt think that they cb is amplified becasue of the one little speaker would hooking an amp up work ideas anyone.

2. Elevator Man

Elevator Man 1/2 ton status

have't you allready started a thread about this???

3. Snowman1000

Snowman1000 1/2 ton status

Ya I couldnt find it when I was looking through, I was in a rush to get off the computer.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

whats the wattage of the speaker you are using? if its over 10 watts then its to big. i have a 100 watt pa speeker for police/fire use and it is not to be used with a cb pa . to big a speaker ratting. its fine with the police/fire pa /siren unit. but not for cb pa use.

5. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I think that my cb is only like 5 watts PA output. Most stereos are 25-45 watts. I think a 5 watt PA is the biggest allowed at least in cali. I had a big ass PA speacker but it took like 100 watts to make it scream.