Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm out of my environment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 26, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I just feel "wrong" driving around in this '88 Firebird I have. Just me in a car of any sorts doesn't feel right.

Usually, I always resort to going back to one of the trucks, but I like the fact that the fuel guage hasn't moved much all week, and it's still the same 3/4 tank of gas that came with the car when I bought it for $100. Maybe when it approaches "E" I'll sell it.

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

maybe the gas gauge dosen't work:eek:

3. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

all i've ever seen at his house is trucks, then the other day i pull up and he has that firebird, and a vette sitting in his driveway. I thought for sure he was sick

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

There's nothing wrong w/ a car now & then :)

Getting into my '99 Z28 every now and then is a nice getaway

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I feel wrong in my Saturn... REALLY wrong. I get behind the wheel of someone elses truck or my 97 and it feels so much better. Even being behind the wheel of the S10 we have in the shop at school feels so much better.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Exactly. If I ever get all pissy, drivin Jenn's little slot car is just the ticket. Nuthin like risking a ticket to take your mind off your prollems. :crazy:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i like to look at cars but if i want total fun give me a truck and for real fun 2x4 tubed and bbc blown under the hood.

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You might want to start carrying around a little gas can full of gas in the trunk... Unless the reason it hasn't moved is because you have not driven anywhere?

Just wait until you need to haul a 14FF on the roof. We are gonna need pics :thumb: I almost did that once with a 1990 Plymouth Acclaim, just strapped a pallet to the roof to spread out the load :grin:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I know the feeling!

How do you think I felt driving a 95 Ford Contour this weekend?!- :blush: -I havent had a car since 1997 when I sold my diesel 86 VW Jetta I had--I feel like a fish out of water in a car--even my moms caravan "feels" better to me than a go-kart sized car does....after owning 20+ GM trucks,most of them 4x4's,-- I feel like I'm riding a creeper down the highway!-

One good thing about a Firebird,-it a bit of a chick magnet! :cool1: all you need now is a "Sally Feild" to ride shotgun with you! :laugh:

-I hate not being able too see over the other vehicles like I'm used too--only my El-Camino's and GMC Cabalaro I had were the next worse thing to a car!..

I almost ran over a traffic pylon at a toll booth in NH sunday night in the rain!--I bet the toll taker who yelled at me to stop and pulled it out from under the car must have thought I was drunk,as I fumbled with the power window switches trying to roll down the drivers side window,and could not find the radio volume control!(nothing worse than driving a vehicle your not used too,and dont "know" all the switches and stuff good yet!)-

-I was fully expecting to get pulled over after that,but I didnt! :blush: --my night vision sucks,especially in the rain on a dark road for 100 miles,then you come upon a toll booth with 50 flashing lights blinding you--turns out I pulled into a "closed" lane!--I always have a problem at toll booths for some reason..

I agree about the gas gauge though!--my Ford holds 14.5 gallons,I filled it for 27 bucks,drove 330 miles to NH and back,a lot of hills too--still had 1/4 of a tank left! :D --my C10 would have used at LEAST 50 bucks worth of gas,probably more..I estimate I got 30+mpg,not bad for a V6 2.5 with 24 valves....it has decent power too! :laugh:

And though I could FIX the C10 on the side of the road if it broke down,I felt much more comfortable with cruise,good tires,better seat,etc...but the ford looks like its a PITA to fix ANYTHING under the hood--even a fan belt,or radiator hose failure would mean a ramp truck ride to a shop with a lift,and probably a rental vehicle to finish the trip,if you need to be somewhere on time..I could put a motor in my chevy trucks if I had too!...thats one thing I like about them--you CAN fix it yourself,and there is plenty of room to do it--the fords engine compartment is a nightmare..no way you'd be able to fix anything on the roadside in that car.. :frown1: oh well--nothing is perfect I guess.... :crazy:

10. mountainexplorer

Yeah, but you put a caveman in a Firebird, and it just doesn't quite go well together.

Plus, you add the fact that I have to accellerate really slow cause the tranny mount is broke, and if I get on it, the tranny starts bouncing around. Not that a 2.8 is all that fast anyway.

Oh, and my friend that owned it before was hard on the clutch too. So I have to drive it easy and like a grandma, yet I look like a caveman.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

a little bit of personal hygeine goes a long way with the ladies.

12. mountainexplorer

It's all part of my big plan to fit in with the people of the town of Ione, Wa. ;) I'm scary looking either way, so it doesn't matter too much.

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Cavemen Rule!

Whenever I see that Geico commercial with the 2 cave men,I think of Mountainexplorer!...no offense Alan,thats the first thought that popped into my head when I saw those commercials...funny thing is,I know a few guys who look just like those 2 in the TV commercials too!..guess there are more neanderthals left than scientists originally thought.. :thinking: :rotfl:

Its debatable whether being clean shaven and odor free helps attract the opposite sex...I see more good looking babes with Charles Manson look alikes here than clean cut guys in shirts and ties!..If your TOO clean,and smell good,they probably assume your gay..... :tongue1: :thinking: :screwy:

14. mountainexplorer

It's a tough call. I need a girl who is extremely pretty and cute and nice, yet likes guys with no looks, likes older trucks (Chevy's) and can tolerate me and what I do all the time (truck related things every day).

Thats a tall order that will be a hard one to fill. But I gotta start doing something soon. Everyone's getting married and having kids, and I'm still just single Allan with 30 trucks and no chicks.

It's rare I even see a remote possibility. No one ever thinks I'm looking, even though I am. I just don't voice any comments unless I see someone who I feel would be worth pursuing without wasting her time or my time.

15. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

you just need to quit being so shy. I used to be shy, but not anymore. Now i talk way too much, and to anybody who will listen. My wife hates when i go to Allan's house when she is in the car with me, cause i end up talking for like an hour.