Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im pissed off at myself... so i have to share my time with ya

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, i lost my cell phone, or it was removed from my truck while i was away... my fault ethier way. im not pissed at the fact that i lost it. im pissed cus some ass hat is using it.

now, ya teach your kids/friends/self dont drive while emotional.... but i do it anyway.

i have controll to keep my emotions out of my driving until i get off the road. so i go to one of my "need to get unwound" spots and start going. dirt roads, a creek, nothing major. 1:15am in the morning... its all good.

i go around the little area a bit, and decide ok, i feel better. start to leave and hit a BIG mound. i was lighting a smoke. also my fault. my little 2wd sonoma(6 months old and 10k miles on it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) bounced the front end off the dirt and slammed onto the skid plate just below the motor. i also hit the front wind dam in front of the radiator(4th or 5th time of doing this, and it only has a few scratches in it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) i thought i ripped the front bumper air damn thingy off, but it is fine. i am very impressed at what this truck can take. i beat the hell out of it and it keeps asking for more. so it will get it, in time.

ok, im still pissed, but ill get a new phone tomorrow....
    thanks for listening.
    Grant

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Sucks about your phone /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif And I can relate with driving while emotional...very unsafe and dangerous! Dont ask... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

last winter i poped my head out of my truck to snap the wiper blade and i slid out of my hoodie pocket and i din't notice till about 3 hrs later...went looking for it and found it..........................right where i dropped it....just all iced up ansd wet sandy salty and it about 20 pieces /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif that was my second phone

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I threw my last cellphone into the creek about two years ago. Been very happy since I did it. I don't believe in having one now. I see all these morons driving around with a cell stuck to the side of thier heads and they have no idea what is going on around them. What the hell did people do before cell phones?

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I always leave my phone on the K5 when I'm working on it. Its flown off the hood a few times. Found it up the road about 100 yards once. I figure by the time I got there it had to have flown off at about 45 mph. My sister dropped hers once and busted it bad. I have a leather cover on mine and its done nothing but scratch the screen a little /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I usually put it on the cowl or on top of the radiator support when I am working on the k5. Slammed the hood down on it more than once. I freak whenever I lose it. Just steal someone elses and start calling it. ANd yeah I need to learn to not drive while emotional, got 3 tickets that way /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif at least they let me off each time, I mean 65 in a 25 in a big bright red K5 with glasspacks, with a high school football game letting out around you isn't smart but when your insanely mad at a friend and a chick you like well you do stupid stuff.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I see all these morons driving around with a cell stuck to the side of thier heads and they have no idea what is going on around them

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP 'N DRIVE YA MORONS!! I can't hear mine in my blazer anyway...heh heh heh..

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

my phone is nearly indestructable... I've TRIED to break the thing and it just has a few scratches on it... and my friend had to rig something up because the battery came loose and kept moving just enough to shut the phone off when I was using it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Now it's fine though... I need to get a new one though, because I'm gonna get rid of T-Mobile here soon and want to get a phone that can utilize roaming... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll tell ya what, I'm getting another Nokia... my brother and a friend have other brands (Kyocera and something else) and those things are like glass if you're not careful with em /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dont talk n drive, but a cell phone is a good thing to own. my family has the unlimited minutes calling plan where we can talk to each other as much as we want. really handy, just in case someone gets in trouble and needs some kinda help. cell phones even have good 4x4 apps.... i mean, how else ya gonna contact that tow truck? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif the real bonus though is that we had an extra phone and we gave it to my gf who lives 30 mins away... we only see each other once or twice a week... but we make AT&T pay for that calling plan with hella long calls every night. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmm yeah, kyocera for my verizon and ive thrown it repeatedly, not dropped, thrown...it bounces off k10 door panels and s-10 floors pretty well, i just use one of my girlfriends hairbands to hold the battery tight...oh and i talk and drive...as long as im cruising because i always drop the phone when i try to shift heh

10. stuper

stuper Registered Member

i am on my third plan now. i had pagers, celly's, text thingys. well i now dropped 360, alltell, att and am using nextel. i manage hardware accounts with fastenal so i need to be contacted whenever they need something. kinda sucks but hey. and the 2 way is nice, when cb's go down u always got 2 way.

theo/stuper

oh yeah driving and cell phones suck i had several close calls. but i rarely call when driving now because with the nextel i use the speakerphone, and i put the phone on the bench of the truck so far that i can't reach it and thus i don't use it.