Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm Pissed

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Oct 1, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I\'m Pissed

finally got the spring plates i ordered from shakerbuilt and i caint say that im to inpressed by them but anyway, the u bolts i oprdered from ORD dont fit the driver side, they are about a 1/4 to wide, i have u bolts from a 10 bolt that are a perfect fit but just to short, i dont know if its because its a dodge 60 or what but this swap is getting to be very iritating. Anyone think that having a u bolt that much fatter than the axle tube will cause problems???????

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: I\'m Pissed

Are they just spread out at the top or down where they seat on the axle? I just got my spring plates I orderd from Great lakes off road and they are clean looking but not overly complex. I bought them so I would have something to maybe weld the hydro assist too if I want.I think that my u bolts are a little lose on the axle did you mount them and tighten them up to see how they seat? Eric

3. sapper

the 1/4" is at the bottom, i didnt tighten them, figured i would check with someone first /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

went out and checked mine and they are tight against the axle. sorry for the misinfo /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dude, that sucks. Go up and see Dan and see if he might have a set for a 10bolt but a little bit longer.

BTW I'm pissed at you for spying my beadlocks before I got too. Think you could run by the house and set one on the tires and see how they will look and snap a pic for me?

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Have tried to tighten the ubolts down? They usually pull up and against the axle when correctly torqued down.

7. sapper

James i went by Dan but he didnt have anything, about the pic i will try to get one this week and post in my gallery, Yunit i did go ahead and tighten them down today but the gap is still there, the bolts that fit good are 3 1/8th"s and the long ones i have are 3 3/8th's but from the way the truck is sitting now i may take the zero rate out of the front, its pointing up and looks like i have saggy butt, if i pull that inch out of it then the 3 1/8th bolts will work, kinda sucks because i just bought the entire kit from ORD and can only use the big one arouind the housing, pretty sure they can be sold though, so once i get the calipers grinded and its sitting on the tires i will see, kinda hoping that i can pull the zero, use the smaller bolts and sell that stuff for something else i dont have /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is it an ORD zero rate? If so I may want you to bring it with you Sat. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Paul, I had this same problem with my rear Ubolts I ended up having to get new ubolts and they look perfect now. SOrry to hear that hope everything works out for you.