Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm pissin oil all over!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Dec 30, 2005.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Just what I needed. My wifes S10 is dead, so She's driving my 92 and I'm stuck driving my ratty 88 plow truck. Can't seem to keep anything going long enough to fix the other!! Now The 92 is pissin oil out the rear main seal badly!! Guess I'll be pullin the engine out!! She's gonna have to drive her 89 blazer. Piss me off!! I didn't want the 89 in the salt/snow we get!!

2. francis

francis Registered Member

92 what? it is easyer to pull the tranny on almost any vehicle then to pull the motor to replace the rear main seal.

3. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

does the 92 have a single piece rear main seal or is it the 2 piece that you just need to take off the rear main cap to swap?

4. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

It's a one piece, as said before dropping the tranny would be easier then pulling the engine. Drop the oil pan and you will see 4 small bolts holding on the seal, remove and replace the seal.

5. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

i think you can just pull the tranny back a few inches and get in there. even easier than dropping it.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

yeah, it would be easier to pull the back tranny, But I figure with 140,000 on the clock I'de do a 150,000 mile service (reseal and put some new bearings in it.) The oil pressure is low anyways.